jump from Snow Leopard to High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
sabertooth x79
CPU
Graphics
gtx670
Hi all, This was my first PC build ever back in 2013. I've been using it nonstop on jobs since and never wanted to tip the apple cart to update from Snow Leopard, but I'm losing support for some software so it's time.

I felt my way through the darkness to get this build to work. I love a challenge, but far from an IT pro. I've poured over the instructions and posts over the last few days, but am still confused as to where to start and what directions apply to my build.

For instance, am I a series type 6 or 7? Should I follow the High Sierra instructions in the "Installation Guide" or does my build call for special instructions? Do I use clover? I would really appreciate if someone could orient me and set me on the right path. I'm happy to read and do the leg work, but could use a little direction to get restarted. Let me now if you need more info than what is in my build description.

Many thanks, David

Hi all, This was my first PC build ever back in 2013. I've been using it nonstop on jobs since and never wanted to tip the apple cart to update from Snow Leopard, but I'm losing support for some software so it's time.

I felt my way through the darkness to get this build to work. I love a challenge, but far from an IT pro. I've poured over the instructions and posts over the last few days, but am still confused as to where to start and what directions apply to my build.

For instance, am I a series type 6 or 7? Should I follow the High Sierra instructions in the "Installation Guide" or does my build call for special instructions? Do I use clover? I would really appreciate if someone could orient me and set me on the right path. I'm happy to read and do the leg work, but could use a little direction to get restarted. Let me now if you need more info than what is in my build description.

Many thanks, David
moved to desktop support

Many thanks, David

Apparently you will not be able to download High Sierra from a system running Snow Leopard (although I am not sure if this applies to hackintoshes as well): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886

Have you already downloaded High Sierra? If not, do you have access to a computer running Mountain Lion or newer?

007, thanks. I changed my system type to a later model and was able to download. I did have to move the packet contents to and everything finally worked. Unfortately my boot is hanging so I'm still not out of the woods.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back