Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3
Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3 delivers improved compatibility, security, and reliability by updating Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_22.
October 20, 2010 - 74.30 MB
Download

Attachments

• 100_1078.JPG
    100_1078.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 684
This update messed up my LAN. On System Preferences/network, says cable unplugged.

Not only that, permissions also get messed up. Disk Utility gave a list of errors, all Java related, but the worst part is that after repair permissions, while it says that everything is repaired, when I verify permissions again, the same list of errors appears.

I have no idea if this will cause any system issues or crashes at some point.

Running system utilitities from multibeast and re-installing lan driver pkg, neither corrects permissions or repairs LAN.

For LAN to work, have to switch my router off and on again.

I run a clean install 3 times, every time the same result after installing this Java update.

After I updated this java and iTune 10 together I can't reboot the system. It goes up to apple icon loading screen and stucks there for ages or sometimes it automactically restarts or shuts down the pc.

Tried -x -v -F and also with iBoot all not working:(
Got dual system with Win7 64bit it's able to boot into windows through Chameleon everytime.

Thanks for the feedback, however this update is not responsible for these issues.

<took the risk - no problems with this update :)>

So should i update to this java version?

Running on 10.6.5 vanilla
Shuttle sp35p2
Palit 9800gt nvidia thru vga (hdmi and dvi dont work)

Thanks.

I know this is a bit late (new mac owner), does anyone have a copy of this package (Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3) to share or can point me to a download?
FYI...apple removed the download.
I cannot run any version higher that Java 6 update 23 on my machine, quite simply our ERP Java based applications do not work with versions higher than Java 6 update 23.

Oracle is working on solving these issues; however, I need an immediate fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back