Contribute
Register

ivybridge 3770k

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Gigabyte press DELETE while you boot.
Then go to the "M.I.T." tab > "Advanced Frequency Settings" > "Advanced CPU Core Features" > set "CPU EIST Function" to "Disabled

Awesome it worked, thanks!

Hi guys, i want to ask wich ram modules did u use for overclocking.

My plan is

GA - Z77-DS3H
Cooler - NOCTUA NH-U9B SE2

But i am not sure about Ram , I would like go to 4x8GB modules.

Could u please give me some advice?

Wait guys, you don't have to disable EIST, in fact, you SHOULDN'T do it.

Here is how it works : EIST is SpeedStep, allowing your processor to change its Frequency. When enabled, about this mac reports the CPU ratio, which can't go far above 3.4 ghz (well, for i5 3570k at least, it may be up 3,5 on a i7...), BUT you're turbo speed actually WORKS ! HWmonitor should probably allow you to see it, if not, MSRDumper of course will. I provide you the link to test it out.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...peedstep-sandy-bridge-cpus-using-msrdump.html (also works with Ivy Bridge CPUs).

When you disable it, you force your CPU to only run at Turbo speed, which isn't that good, as it produces more heat and more noise than needed for your everyday tasks, BY FAR !

Wait guys, you don't have to disable EIST, in fact, you SHOULDN'T do it.

Here is how it works : EIST is SpeedStep, allowing your processor to change its Frequency. When enabled, about this mac reports the CPU ratio, which can't go far above 3.4 ghz (well, for i5 3570k at least, it may be up 3,5 on a i7...), BUT you're turbo speed actually WORKS ! HWmonitor should probably allow you to see it, if not, MSRDumper of course will. I provide you the link to test it out.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...peedstep-sandy-bridge-cpus-using-msrdump.html (also works with Ivy Bridge CPUs).

When you disable it, you force your CPU to only run at Turbo speed, which isn't that good, as it produces more heat and more noise than needed for your everyday tasks, BY FAR !
This! Nikki is correct. If your system is working with EIST enabled, then leave it enabled! As long as you have the FakeSMC Motherboard Plugins installed (they're in Multibeast 5), HWMonitor.app will report your proper system speeds in real-time; with EIST enabled you can watch it dynamically jump back and forth between your 4GHz+ Turbo speed under load and 1.6GHz at idle.

This! Nikki is correct. If your system is working with EIST enabled, then leave it enabled! As long as you have the FakeSMC Motherboard Plugins installed (they're in Multibeast 5), HWMonitor.app will report your proper system speeds in real-time; with EIST enabled you can watch it dynamically jump back and forth between your 4GHz+ Turbo speed under load and 1.6GHz at idle.

(crickets)

I guess they smoked their CPUs!

the "About this mac" is just cosmetic.

Real frequencies are shown in HWmonitor.app

i have got the same gear (z77x-ud5 3770k) and i still cant get my oc to register without disabling the EIST.....

I have 1866 Mhz modules 1.5v but 1600Mhz will be ok too, but be aware of GA-Z77-DS3H, no way to adjust Vcore manually on this mobo, you only get very limited O.C. touching frequency multipliers only. Better go for a GA-Z77-UD3H on the same budget

Hi guys, i want to ask wich ram modules did u use for overclocking.

My plan is

GA - Z77-DS3H
Cooler - NOCTUA NH-U9B SE2

But i am not sure about Ram , I would like go to 4x8GB modules.

Could u please give me some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back