Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Thanks to this forum I am now the proud owner of an i5 3570K on GA z77 DS3h which installed and booted perfectly (after a slight problem because I'd left a PS2 keyboard in which wouldn't work).

The integrated graphics are fine after changing the resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it even works off VGA.

I've even changed my theme and hidden other drives in Chimera, it's all so exciting. :)

Has anyone got USB3 working on this fine motherboard?

If the motherboard is similar to a GA-Z77X-UD5H you will need to make some changes to your bios.
Make you you have both XHCI & EHCI modes enabled and the XCHI set to "auto" (there are 4 options, auto, smart auto, enabled, disabled, it needs to be on auto).

Try that and see how you go, if you have those options in your bios.

@Rx4

haha you genius.
I couldn't find EHCI but the xHCI was set to "Smart Auto".
Changed to "Auto" and suddenly they're working.

No idea if it's USB3 speed but at least those ports are powered up and that's good enough for now.

Cheers. :)

The integrated graphics are fine after changing the resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.

you can boot in Mlion with vga out?

Yes I can.
I'd like to claim it's a plan but i just forgot to change to a DVI monitor.

There's no screen resolution choices and the default was pretty low so I added

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it works fine.
I suspect the video acceleration isn't properly enabled because it flickers on anything complex and youtube video and VLC won't play, iTunes MP4 films play fine in full screen though.

I think I'll try a DVI monitor later today and see if that makes any difference.

Well I tried the DVI monitor and no change, it's flickering if any load is put on the graphics and Youtube and VLC won't work.
I think I'll leave that battle to another day.

Yes I can.
I'd like to claim it's a plan but i just forgot to change to a DVI monitor.

There's no screen resolution choices and the default was pretty low so I added

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it works fine.
I suspect the video acceleration isn't properly enabled because it flickers on anything complex and youtube video and VLC won't play, iTunes MP4 films play fine in full screen though.

I think I'll try a DVI monitor later today and see if that makes any difference.

For me, I had to put this into the chameleon.plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>

Its very similar, but I have no issues watching any kind of media on my system.

@Rx4

haha you genius.
I couldn't find EHCI but the xHCI was set to "Smart Auto".
Changed to "Auto" and suddenly they're working.

No idea if it's USB3 speed but at least those ports are powered up and that's good enough for now.

Cheers. :)

Looks like I am going to have to look for this too. My USB3 ports work, but only if a USB2 device is plugged into them. Lets hope!

Looks like I am going to have to look for this too. My USB3 ports work, but only if a USB2 device is plugged into them. Lets hope!
Dagnabbit as they say in the films.

It never occured to me that USB3 might not even power up.
I'm going to have to buy something USB3 to test it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back