1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, it didn't work. I have the:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard
    i7-3770K CPU
    Corsair memory
    GeForce 570GTX video card
I have Windows 7 installed and working which boots from a Samsung 120 GB SSD. I have two 3TB WD hard drives and a 1TB WD hard drive. I created the USB using Unibeast. I plugged it into a USB port, turn on the computer and hold down F12, the boot device menu comes up and shows the USB drive, I select it, iboot comes up and shows the USB drive and my other drives and the USB drive is already selected. I press Enter, the screen flashes the Apple logo for a brief moment, goes black, then I get the message to insert a bootable device in the selected drive. That's as far as I get, doesn't work. What did I do wrong? Do I need to disconnect or disable my other drives in bios before booting?

Bob

Could someone please help me? I say again, I could not get OS X Lion 10.7.3 to install on my i7 build. When unibeast loads, I press Enter, the screen flashes the Apple logo for a split second, then I'm back at the unibeast boot screen. I've tried hitting F5, same results. According to this website, the GA-Z77X-UD5H is suppose to work. I'm now at a loss, spent all this money on the motherboard, CPU, video card, etc and it doesn't work.

Bob

Still no luck, tried the iBoot method. After iBoot comes up, I take out the iBoot Cd and put in Snow Leopard CD, press F5, that gives me the OS X choice, I press ENTER, same result, screen flashes Apple log, then goes black. I tried typing in PCIrootUID=1 -x and it looks like the CD is going to load, lots of flashing of the CD drive light, Apple log finally comes up and nothing else happens. I'd really appreciate some help here.

Bob

I give up. No one seems to be monitoring this thread since no one has even bothered to try and help me. I tried everything I can think of. Tried taking out the GTX580 video card and using the default video on the motherboard. Ran out and purchased a Raedon 6670 but that did no good. Like I said, it will boot to the USB just fine. Then I press Enter and it starts to load, flashes the Apple Logo, then reboots and I'm back at the same screen I was before with the USB showing. Can't get any further.

So I put my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 board back in and and back running Windows as I have been.

Thanks for nothing,

Bob Hunt

shipbu1lder: Sorry no one replied to your post, I know most here spend all their time waiting to help you. :crazy: One thing for certain though, if you can read, you're a genius! All the info you need is here.

There's plenty of people here using the same hardware, a quick look at your post suggest that you didn't properly follow the instructions on using BridgeHelper. A little more research time would have resolved your issues.

kduvernay said:
shipbu1lder: Sorry no one replied to your post, I know most here spend all their time waiting to help you. :crazy: One thing for certain though, if you can read, you're a genius! All the info you need is here.

There's plenty of people here using the same hardware, a quick look at your post suggest that you didn't properly follow the instructions on using BridgeHelper. A little more research time would have resolved your issues.

Ok, I'll go through the steps one more time. Sorry to be such a bother.

Bob Hunt

Spilt Post out from the Ivy Bridge Motherboards Released - Early Recommendations thread to 10.7 Desktop Support forum section to give original post more visibility.

-_______________________Forum Rules

I know that I had the same problem, and all I did was install Bridgehelper, I think that's what its called. It's in the downloads, and I downloaded 5.0, but people are saying that just hides your SATA drives, so I would go with 4.0.1

Did you disable the xHCI in BIOS?

You should be using BH 3.0.1 since it is for 10.7.3 only or update to 10.7.4.

jester969 said:
Did you disable the xHCI in BIOS?

You should be using BH 3.0.1 since it is for 10.7.3 only or update to 10.7.4.

Thanks, I used BH 5 I believe, I'll re-create the USB and apply BH 3.0.1 as you suggested as my copy of OS X is 10.7.3. I believe default settings on the motherboard set xHCI to disabled but I'll double check that also.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back