AMD Phenom XII Black Edition
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ive been doing some research into prices and the different processes for each chipset and i really need some help making a final decision.

ivy bridge i5 3.4ghz quad core is the same (give or take) price wise as a quad core i5 3.1ghz sandy bridge.

i really want to go that step higher and upgrade to ivy bridge but is it a viable choice as of the next few weeks

im hoping in the release of mountain lion they will become native to osx?

Well, Ivy Bridge works and it will be supported officially in the next OS release.
As long as you have a means of creating a USB drive with the Bridgehelper installed, it's no different to install the OS as to a Sandy Bridge system.
Either which way, the rumour mill suggests that we should see a new OS version before the end of the month.

MrEnglishTech said:
ive been doing some research into prices and the different processes for each chipset and i really need some help making a final decision.

ivy bridge i5 3.4ghz quad core is the same (give or take) price wise as a quad core i5 3.1ghz sandy bridge.

i really want to go that step higher and upgrade to ivy bridge but is it a viable choice as of the next few weeks

im hoping in the release of mountain lion they will become native to osx?

Wow, I really envy you! At my place the price difference between these two processors is at least US$50 (equivalent).

If so then you should go for the Ivy Bridge processor. It will be officially supported once Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8) is released later this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back