Contribute
Register

IVY Bridge Chipset users: Anyone getting built-in USB 3.0 working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Gigabyte Z77-DS3H USB 3.0 port + USB 3.0 device works. USB 3.0 port + USB 2.0 device don't work :(.

I have this inside my EHC1, EHC2 and XHCI devices (all Intel) to fix sleep issues:

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
    Store (Package (0x09)
        {
            "AAPL,current-available", 
            0x0834, 
            "AAPL,current-extra", 
            0x0898, 
            "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 
            0x0640, 
            "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
            0x0834, 
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00
            }
        }, Local0)
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
    Return (Local0)
}

You could give it a try if it works, but I think it's only sleep related.

UD3H uses VIA VL800 which isn't supported OOB and UD5H uses VL810 which should be working OOB. I think Tony mentioned this somewhere.
But no idea how to get VL800 working.

All my USB ports are working as they should be on a MSI Z77A-G43.

Thanks but
I don't care about the VIA USB chipset and didn't mean it by "differences".
Only the Intel USB ports (z77 chipset built-in) are my concern.

Got mine working. Thanks to the lovely people at OSx86.net. Here's the link for anyone that wants to try <a href="http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2870">Link</a>

Make sure to unmount and unplug anything plugged into the 3.0 ports before you install the kexts. I used Kext Utility to install them. Install the DP3 kexts first. Then the PXHCD kext. Restart after all three are installed and cross your fingers. Good Luck :)

I am on UD5H too but I can't get USB 3.0 device working...

USB 3.0 port + USB 2.0 device = work

USB 3.0 both = not work

same

Just changed my BIOS settings and still none of the USB3 ports work. They are listed on System Information but just don't recognise anything connected to it. My motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V LX (bios 0610).

Only USB3 devices work in Intel USB3 ports, USB2 devices don't detected and don't work in USB3 ports.

Only USB3 devices work in Intel USB3 ports, USB2 devices don't detected and don't work in USB3 ports.
They did in Lion...

I have the ASUS mini-ITX variant (same bios, I believe). I followed ZOleg's suggestions and the Asmedia 3.0 ports are now working with my USB 2.0 Soundsticks (they might even be 1.0, cuz I got them with my "luxor lamp iMac" some years ago. I will try them with a stick when I get mine back. The charging function was working but not data. I'm sure sound uses data. Thank you for helping solve this one. It is so intuitive, really! Just disable USB 3.0 and choose some funny sounding thing and PRESTO!! USB!!!

The USB 3.0 ports on the back of the board (2 ea.) bring no joy, however.

I understand why these are called Hackintoshes. I couldn't bequeath it to my children in good conscience due to the somewhat interesting, giddy at times, learning curve. Well, when all I could get was a kernel panic, I had a certain DVD with a certain company's logo in hand. And I took a deep breath and decided that this was funner.

I'm using the GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB and I have native USB 3 support in my front panels, but no USB 2 up front, only in the back of the motherboard. I believe 2 and 3 both work on motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back