Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, i just relaunch my Hackintosh, EL Capitan 10.11.6 on my I5 3970K + MSI GTX970.
The tricks doesn't work on my hackintosh, the screen keep going black :(.
I use Clover to install Kext to UEFI and i connect my moniter with a DVI cable, i use the Nvidia web driver

when I use the command in the terminal, it is stated that coromedia does not work, for the other lines the patch is not applied.

If someone could help me :)

EDIT : its work with IMAC kext !!!! Thanks for your sharing

Last edited:
Hi guys, i did this fix on my El capitan 10.11.6 and it worked. But yesterday when i tried to watch the live stream of apple music festival i got a black screen and the video was not playing. Any thoughts/solutions? Also today i can't watch the same video on demand i get the same problem. Thanks

If you've already fixed the problem please ignore but be aware that the update to Sierra breaks the iTune Fix in some cases, you have to go through the whole process again to enable movies and trailer playing in iTunes. Note also the Shiki.Kext has been updated for Sierra.

Confirmed - latest release and OP instructions work well on Sierra. Also confirmed imac.kext not needed for my system. I honestly can't remember why I had to use in before Sierra.

Doesn't work on my setup :(
I've tried several times, but nothing.

- Putting the kext into /S/L/E = Nothing
- Putting the kext into /L/E = Nothing
- Putting the kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... = Nothing

/////=========///// EDIT!
I've tried using the iMac.kext (putting into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts) and now works fine in my setup.

I've tried using the iMac.kext (putting into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts) and now works fine in my setup.[/QUOTE]

But for AMF10 doesn't work. Some times (when I tried) iTunes suddenly closed raising this error:
Crashed Thread: 33 Dispatch queue: com.apple.coremedia.player.async.0x608000b085e0

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Still only SD playback. I ran VDADecoderCheck and it doesn't give the output needed. This is what it returns:

GVA error: Not detecting IGPU in IORegistry!
GVA error: Not detecting valid offline codec!
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6
IOVARendererID property not found
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

Can anyone help me with this? I ran the instruction described in post #1.

Previously I had HD 530. I activated and it was working fine. Now I installed GTX 950 and it is now stopped woking. Again installed Shiki.kext and pasted those commands in terminal. I'm getting the error
Code:
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
2016-10-08 06:47:12.717 defaults[770:61285]
Domain (com.apple.coremedia) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.

I use to have this work on ElCapitan and I just loaded Sierra but this does not seem to work anymore under Sierra.

I cannot play movie purchased from iTunes.

The kext is loaded:

24 0 0xffffff7f82cee000 0x33000 0x33000 as.vit9696.Shiki (1.8.1) 112F4B24-FBD5-3192-80C5-5FAA985E1501 <7 5 4 3 2 1>

But when I hit play, it will not start. Blank screen.

Also when launching iTunes from Command line I get:

2016-10-08 14:32:45.404 iTunes[513:37262] .sdef warning for attribute 'rawData' of class 'artwork' in suite 'iTunes Suite': 'raw data' is not a valid type name.

2016-10-08 02:32:45.446215 PM [AirPlayAVSys] GetAirPlayInfo called

GVA error: Not detecting IGPU in IORegistry!

GVA error: Not detecting valid offline codec!

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6

IOVARendererID property not found

Any hint ?

Christian
Z170x Gaming 5
GTX 970 NVIDIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back