Graphics
eVGA GTX 780 / Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm unable to get iTunes HD Video, trailers, movies etc to display correctly. I'm using a GA-Z77X-UD5H Board, i7 3770K and the built in GPU Intel 4000 HD, running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and iTunes 10.7. See attached screenshot for a better description

Attachments

• Screenshot-9-24-2012.jpg
    Screenshot-9-24-2012.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 490
I'm unable to get iTunes HD Video, trailers, movies etc to display correctly. I'm using a GA-Z77X-UD5H Board, i7 3770K and the built in GPU Intel 4000 HD, running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and iTunes 10.7. See attached screenshot for a better description

Having the exact same problem. Did you manage to get a fix for this?

Well I did a reinstall of mountain Lion and instead of getting the mosiac colours when playing it decided to just to play with a black screen. I tried enabling HDMI audio with no success. I searched the forums and found a solution. If you open up itunes through finder/get info and then change it 32bit it works, I don't understand why it didn't work in 64bit so anyone could shed some light that would be great.

No I never managed to get this working. Apparently with a discrete graphics card (e.g. GeForce GT 640) this works, however I still am saving up for one. How did you manage to get it working in 32-bit mode? It remains scrammed for me also in 32-bit mode.

No I never managed to get this working. Apparently with a discrete graphics card (e.g. GeForce GT 640) this works, however I still am saving up for one. How did you manage to get it working in 32-bit mode? It remains scrammed for me also in 32-bit mode.

To be honest I am not totally sure how this working for me. I am not using any DSDT for HDMI Audio. I did a clean install and from adding only network and ALC892 and using S/PDIF out I went from having the exact same screen as shown in your first post to having just a Black Screen with just audio. This led me to search for the Black Screen issue. I happen to find the answer in the Apple support community forums. Seems as if its not just Hacks that have this issue. Thats when I changed it to 32 and Voila!. I spent overs 10 hours and messed around a lot with Bios. Yet when I reinstalled I set the Bios back to defaults and let it do its thing.

I am still trying to find a solid answer to why this happens.

I have the same set up and the same problem. starting in 32bit mode made no difference for me. Anyone got any new ideas on this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back