Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Specs:
i5 4670k
MSI Z87m-G43
7870 Tahiti LE
8GB RAM

OS X Mavericks

I tried running iTunes in 32bit mode, to avoid the black screen I am getting where movies cannot be played and the timebar just sticks at 0 and pings back every time you move it, but I get this:
Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 22.05.55.png

I have also tried downgrading iTunes to 10.7 and running it in 32 and 64bit mode. No luck there.
Other than that I am not sure what to do.

Specs:
i5 4670k
MSI Z87m-G43
7870 Tahiti LE
8GB RAM

OS X Mavericks

I tried running iTunes in 32bit mode, to avoid the black screen I am getting where movies cannot be played and the timebar just sticks at 0 and pings back every time you move it, but I get this:
View attachment 87867

I have also tried downgrading iTunes to 10.7 and running it in 32 and 64bit mode. No luck there.
Other than that I am not sure what to do.

I think in order to downgrade itunes successfully, you have to be using an earlier version of OSX than 10.9.x---I was never able to successfully get the itunes versions capable of running in 32bit mode to work on Mavericks, even following several "pacifist downgrading guides" on the web.

Other than that, the 7 series and higher chipsets havent been able to play DRM'd videos in current itunes versions for a while now, AFAIK.

I was only successful after taking out my 7 series board (Intel DZ77-BH55K) and replacing it with the 6 series P8Z68-V I had laying around---and even then itunes would not work with DRM videos on the integrated HD3000 graphics---I needed an external Nvidia or AMD card, and then all was well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back