CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
iTunes 11 Crashes (sorry, move to Post-Installation)

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday I booted up my first Mavericks Hackintosh

i5 4570
GA-Z87MX-D3H
GTX 660

Everithing runs flawlessly except for iTunes,
and i can't really understand why.. :problem:

i tried restoring some previous versions,
tried loading an "empty" library
even tried the "32bit mode"

but nothing changes it keeps crashing..

searching the web haven't found anything helpful..

in the hope that someone of you would help me, heres my crash log

thanks in advance, you're great guys!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cux9adqbmvmbc7m/Crash itunes.txt

Edit:even tried deleting caches, preferences and repairing permissions.. :crazy:

I'm just up and running my first Hackintosh.

It has been a pretty happy experience so far. Last night I imported my music library & started playing some music while I work. iTunes works for a few cuts then hangs up like an old LP. Stuck on a single half second repeat. Mouse & keyboard are frozen & requires hard reset to turn off.
'
I haven't run any diagnostics yet but will report back if I find anything out.

-evan

Having a possibly related issue.

Music seems to play fine in iTunes (only played a couple of songs though).
When dragging a protected m4v movie into iTunes to import it, complete system hang, cursor freezes requiring hard reboot.

Wondering if its related as in both cases iTunes is causing a complete system hang?

Did you have any luck with your issue?

i7 4770
Asus H87i-Plus
Integrated GPU

I have the same issue!

Someone find something?

Same here. When adding a drm protected movie or downloading from the cloud, complete system hang. Only workaround I have right now is to run the movies through requiem on a machine with an older version of iTunes, and it imports fine, so it's clearly something to do with the drm.

Are you sure it's the DRM cause when I plug my iPhone everything hangs for me. But at the same time it could be importing DRM files from the phone. Has anyone found a solution yet cause I need it for my phone really :(

By the way my system is:
i5 4670k (Running intel 4600 graphics)
GA-Z87MX-D3H (Is it a motherboard problem cause a lot of the people here has this one)
8GB Vengeance Pro RAM

Hi, i am running a very similar machine to yours. Did you ever get your iTunes issue figured out? I just updated to 10.9.2 and iTunes crashes within seconds of opening.

Looks like it is trying to send Genius info on my library to apple, and then falls over.

major bummer, any help appreciated!

+1

For me it happens when I plug my iPad in. Hard freeze, nothing works, clock stops etc.

BTW, I have an H87M-D3H and a few posters in this thread have Z87 versions on said mobo.

So, I have an old iPod (runs iOS 4.2.1). It doesn't crash my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back