Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Let me preface this by saying that I really appreciate the efforts of the folks who developed the procedures on this forum. I have a P6T Deluxe V2-based Hackintosh that I built using other procedures, so I understand how difficult it is to do this work.

I tried to build a Hackintosh using iBoot-Supported and Multibeast, with no success. It halts about 1 minute into the install process. I used a new Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard, with two sticks of Crucial memory. I've tried an i3 530 and an i5 750 processor, three different disk drives, two different video cards, and two different Snow Leopard install disks, one version 10.6, and the other 10.6.3. No combination of these components works. The BIOS matches the ones posted on the web site. I've tried booting in safe mode, and other suggestions in various postings. No luck.

I suspect that there are hidden variables in the installation process. That would explain why this works for some folks, but not others.

The hardware I tried is listed below.

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2, BIOS version F11
Intel i3 530 processor
Intel i5 750 processor
PNY GTX 220 1 GB video card (taken from an existing Hackintosh)
Asus GTX 210 512MB video card
Fujitsu 200 GB 5400 RPM drive
Western Digital 160 GB 5400 RPM drive
Fujitsu 200 GB 5400 RPM drive

If you have access to another mac you can try the mpkg install method.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tonymacx86# ... LIjDAbXZKo

It is what I always use.

The iBoot disks are really great but don't always work with all configurations. Sometimes you have to get creative.

Hope that helps.

rabbit

silentsage said:
I tried to build a Hackintosh using iBoot-Supported and Multibeast, with no success. It halts about 1 minute into the install process ... and two different Snow Leopard install disks, one version 10.6, and the other 10.6.3.
Are you using a Purchased Retail OS X Snow Leopard DVD ?

Lnx2Mac -

Yes. I tried two, one that is 10.6, and one that is 10.6.3.

I'd try it again with the iBoot-nvidia and the i5-750. That's what I used and it worked fine for me.

silentsage said:
Lnx2Mac -

Yes. I tried two, one that is 10.6, and one that is 10.6.3.

Let me reemphasize...
Are you using a Purchased Retail OS X Snow Leopard DVD ? or a Downloaded copy ?

Lnx2Mac - They are retail Snow Leopard DVDs purchased at the Apple Store.

swedish_meatball - The Snow Leopard installer boots up, and I get past the "select a language" screen, am able to partitions the drive as GUID, and get past the screen where you can customize the instal (e.g., print drivers, etc.). I hit the install button, get the "Installing" screen with the blue progress bar, and it halts after about 60 seconds. The hard drive stops being accessed, and after a while the DVD drive (SATA, on port 0 of the blue connectors) spins down - no further activity. I've left it in that state for a few hours, no change.

I get the same behavior with iBoot-nVidia.

As a test of the hardware I installed Windows 7, and everything worked fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

rabbit74 -

I used the mpkg install process and it worked with no issues first time.

Used the GA-P55M-UD2 i5-750 DSDT from Tony's database and that worked fine.

Need to sort out a few audio issues, but I expect to have a fully functional system in a day or two. Thanks for the tip.

This web site and the folks who post here are great!

FYI, I used a retail SL 10.6.3 disk for the install, and it worked OK.

I can't really tell you exactly, but I ran into the same problem. I had to try all of tonymac's iso of different flavors in safeboot mode -x until I can at least get it installed. Once it was installed (tonymacx86-nv2xx.iso), I had to use an old mac keyboard and mouse in order to get past the hang up with PS2 mouse and keyboard and get into the setup. From there, I ran the upgrade to SL 10.6.4 and Multibeast with DDST for my mobo. I also did some research to get my wireless kext using (http://www.kexts.com/cat/last.html). As for audio, I gave up on searching for kext for VIA@VT1708S. Instead, I used a cheap external card that I bought a month ago on Amazon for $20, Creative Labs Xmod USB Sound Card for PC & Mac (it now sells about $39 on Amazon). It worked out of the box without kext. It is much better than my onboard carp. It has simulated 7.1 sound! Ok ... not that good, but for the price and the ease of getting my hacintosh completed, it was worth it. I understand that Griffin's iMic external sound card ($26 on Amazon) works well out of the box. If I were in your shoes (which I were about 6 days ago), I wouldn't fight the onboard audio and get an external that works. Search for them on tonymacx86 discussion board or insanelymac board.

Once I got to where I can upgrade to 10.6.4 and ran Multibeast, all kexts that I needed were installed.

I got it now dual-boot with Win 7 (two separate hard drives make life much easier!) using Chameleon or my BIOS booting function. Chamemleon is easier for my sons!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back