Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Sharing - Never can authenticate - Crash shown in console.

Anyone else having issues with remote connections to their Hack?

This has never been an issue before for me and I've been using both iTeleport & Screens for a couple years on a variety of Macs & Hacks.

Nowadays, no matter what, I'm getting authentication timeout errors.

Anyone have anything similar happen?

UPDATES:

I've attached a crash log for the screen sharing agent.
I've discovered that if I boot in Safe Mode everything works wonderfully.

I also tried a totally fresh 10.8.4 install with nothing installed (other than Multibeast stuff) and it ALSO won't work...unless I boot into Safe Mode.

Open to ideas!
:)

Attachments

• ScreenShareCrash.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 297
Have you got the latest version of for example VNC? And have you looked on their forums, if like you said the same thing is happening on non-hackintosh computers you might wanna look for more detailed help there.

Hi.
Yeah, I have the latest on both programs.

Very odd as I have 2 other Hacks around the house that work great with both Screens & iTeleport.

Also, on a separate boot drive on my main system I installed a fresh copy of 10.8.4 and it too has the same issue.

Seems like something about my particular hardware configuration perhaps?
Was hoping others with my Motherboard might chime in...perhaps I've got the wrong driver selected for something like ethernet...

No idea. Incredibly frustrating.

Time out usually means it has trouble connecting to the other computer, have you tried pinging to the other computers.
Also has there recently been any changed with your local network or problematic computers?

To my knowledge it's hard for me to picture that it has anything to do with your ethernet drivers, unless of course these computer that you are trying to connect with don't have access to at least the local network.

You also may want to reinstall the programs fully using an application like appzapper, to get rid of any doubts about your misconfiguration in these applications and uninstall them fully and reinstall it.

Also interessting article on the vnc website that might be worth to read and try to debug this problem of yours: http://kb.realvnc.com/questions/1/How+do+I+connect+to+another+computer+over+the+internet?
Look @ any services or programs that might restrict it or filter out the connection like a firewall or separated not correctly setup different subnets in your local network.

Also I'm guessing you're trying to connect to another computer in the same network, if it's going trough the internet you'll have a big chance that it's just the firewall blocking it. Try forwarding the ports

Time out usually means it has trouble connecting to the other computer, have you tried pinging to the other computers.
Also has there recently been any changed with your local network or problematic computers?

This happening between an iOS device and the desktop computer both on the local network.

You also may want to reinstall the programs fully using an application like appzapper, to get rid of any doubts about your misconfiguration in these applications and uninstall them fully and reinstall it.

Have done this. Continues to show a crash:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 0000000106381000-00000001063b1000 [ 192K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ScreensharingAgent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ScreensharingAgent

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Next I'll try that link.
Thanks.

When exactly do you get that error? When you try to remove VNC/iTeleport with appzapper?

By what you've posted in the log I see that ScreensharingAgent has something to do with it, I thought VNC was a separate program, you sure your osx isn't corrupt?

Because to my knowledge ScreensharingAgent is something totally separated from any third party remote desktop applications.

Yes, it's the screensharing agent crashing.
Don't know how it could be a corrupt install.

Literally everything else works flawlessly and I even tried a completely new install on this same hardware (different boot drive)...same problem.

:(

How weird, I'm sorry to say that I don't know what may cause screensharingagent to crash other then buggy software, I guess these third party applications make use of internal services like the screensharingagent.

The weirdest part is that it used to work, so something must have changed in order for it to misbehave.
And if like you said you get that error when reinstalling these applications it gives me the idea that

Please describe what application your trying to use either VNC or iTeleport, and hopefully someone else that recognizes the screensharingagent crashing might be able to help.

I usually use TeamViewer, it's free for homeusers and you might want to give that a spin.
It also has an iOS application so it should sort you out.

Well, I'm not sure what to do.

If I boot in Safe Mode, everything works perfectly.

But what's odd is that a completely fresh install using a newly created Unibeast stick on 10.8.4 doesn't work (unless booted into safe mode)...and that's a FRESH install with nothing other than basic MultiBeast stuff installed.

If anyone has any hail mary ideas, I'm sure game.

Really miss no screen sharing.
:(

Shame, maybe you can post your /private/var/log/system.log to give us more answers to what goes wrong.
And have you tried teamviewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back