Contribute
Register

iStat and El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
1080ti FTW3
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all, Ive got the El Cap GM version running and iStat (5.11). I can get fan speeds for CPU and GPU's but cannot get the temp sensors to appear in menubar. HW monitor is able to access this data. Any idea what Im missing. Could it be my sensor kexts are out of date?

Thanks.

Same problem here. Not a problem with FakeSMC Plugins its a problem with iStats.

Thanks. Im glad to know its not just me..... on the other hand I don't hold much hope in the developer updating this for it to work on hackintosh. Anyone else?

I have hope that my beloved iStat will work again... Its always worked up through 10.10.5 so Im hoping.. Using HWMonitor now, and I dont like it at all.

iStats has been updated works fine in 10.11 now. Version 5.11.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 21.51.07.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 21.51.07.png
    242 KB · Views: 783
Im using istat 4.92 in the dashboard, mine was also not reading any sensors after the upgrade.
I downloaded hwsensors 6.16 and used pacifist to extract the kext files and installed into the efi/10.11 folder on my clover efi partition, they are now working, try it.

Im using istat 4.92 in the dashboard, mine was also not reading any sensors after the upgrade.
I downloaded hwsensors 6.16 and used pacifist to extract the kext files and installed into the efi/10.11 folder on my clover efi partition, they are now working, try it.

Never used Pacifist before. I've downloaded both Pacifist and HWSensors. Can you explain how to extract the needed kext files? Thanks!!

I tried this (renamed files to kext too), and it still does not work. Without using this installation method, I can get iStat to read everything anyway due to hw sensors package installation except GPU and CPU temps (I can even access the fan speeds).

HW monitor already can access all this information (including the temps). Using the method of installing hw sensor kexts into EFI still does not allow iStat to access this temperature information. Are you sure you are seeing this on your Hack? Im on the latest iStat build.

Thanks.

Never used Pacifist before. I've downloaded both Pacifist and HWSensors. Can you explain how to extract the needed kext files? Thanks!!

There is no need for Pacifist, just download the HWSensors binaries from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back