Contribute
Register

iStat 5.11b17 (620) Working? - Are FakeSMC-plugins, needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
2x GEFORCE GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I was on 10.10.5 previous to installing Clover, I had to install FakeSMC.kext as well as all the kexts that FakeSMC-Plugins installs (via, MultiBeast), in order to get iStat to read the various board/fan/temp sensors. Once I switched to Clover, everything still worked.

Now on 10.11 PB6, In EFI/Clover/kext/10.11, I have FakeSMC.kext... So I'm wondering :think: if I should run the FakeSMC-Plugins.pkg that I can extract from inside MultiBeast or, what I need to do, to get it working? I know that FakeSMC-Plugins, installs "ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext and LPCSensors.kext" in /S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns.. I tried running MultiBeast in 10.11 PB6 (to install just the PlugIns) but it crashes on me.. I realized that its not setup for 10.11, just thought Id try :crazy:

BTW, HWMonitor is also not detecting any of these sensors either. :thumbdown:

Thoughts?

I have tried and failed several things:
  • Running FakeSMC-PlugIns.pkg to install kexts. - They install in S/L/E... but dont seem to change anything:thumbdown:
  • Using FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kext/10.11, from a MultiBeast installation, which has the additional PlugIns folder for the, well PlugIns... - That resulted in failed boot attempts:thumbdown:

Does anyone have iStat or HWMonitor working in 10.11 PB6? The only search turn up related to this was for PB5, which FakeSMC Plugins were working. So am I doing something wrong? I know things change between betas, but I havent read about this as an issue from anyone else...

Would greatly appreciate some help.

I have tried and failed several things:
  • Running FakeSMC-PlugIns.pkg to install kexts. - They install in S/L/E... but dont seem to change anything:thumbdown:
  • Using FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kext/10.11, from a MultiBeast installation, which has the additional PlugIns folder for the, well PlugIns... - That resulted in failed boot attempts:thumbdown:

Does anyone have iStat or HWMonitor working in 10.11 PB6? The only search turn up related to this was for PB5, which FakeSMC Plugins were working. So am I doing something wrong? I know things change between betas, but I havent read about this as an issue from anyone else...

Would greatly appreciate some help.

Check that you're running recent FakeSMC+PlugIns+HwMonitor.

iStat has issues.

Check that you're running recent FakeSMC+PlugIns+HwMonitor.

iStat has issues.

I got HWMonitor working by making sure I was running all the newest PlugIns and updating HWMonitor app.

I hope that somehow my beloved iStat gets working again. I really dont like HWMonitor, but it will have to do for now...

FakeSMC plugins is much more detail that iStat (free edition). Usually I delete the FakeSMC plugins after everything ready, for example, the GPU's core frequency while running OpenCL apps.

PS: GTX760 belongs to Kepler graphic card and has an issue of high (all the time) frequency under Yosemite.

iStat Working? - Are FakeSMC-plugins, needed?

Ive seen reports of an updated iStat working for other members..

I am updated to the newest iStat and the newest FakeSMC-plugins but I still get "No Sensors Found"

Anyone that has it working care to share some advice?

Ive seen reports of an updated iStat working for other members..

I am updated to the newest iStat and the newest FakeSMC-plugins but I still get "No Sensors Found"

Anyone that has it working care to share some advice?

I have the same problem. HWMonitor + plugins work fine, but iStat Menus has a problem.
Almost all sensors are detected by iStat menus, but they cannot be dragged into the menu bar.
So the sensor funtion of istat is currently not working.
iStat bug.

iStat Menus without the sensor kexts does only detect the hard drive temp sensors, nothing else.

I have the same problem. HWMonitor + plugins work fine, but iStat Menus has a problem.
Almost all sensors are detected by iStat menus, but they cannot be dragged into the menu bar.
So the sensor funtion of istat is currently not working.
iStat bug.

iStat Menus without the sensor kexts does only detect the hard drive temp sensors, nothing else.

All I have are hard drive temps... What am I doing/not doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back