Asrock H77 Pro4 M
CPU
i5 3470
Graphics
Sapphire RX580 Nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hey Guys
my planning goes into the hot phase now so tell me, will it (blend? no....) work?

• Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P67A-D3-B3[/*:m:1amwh6pa]
  • CPU: Intel® Xeon® Prozessor E3-1230[/*:m:1amwh6pa]
  • RAM: some cheap 16GB Kit[/*:m:1amwh6pa]
  • Graphic: nVidia 560TI or 570GTX. not shure for now, but a cheap and silent one.(Gainward or KFA2)[/*:m:1amwh6pa]
  • HDD: Hitachi or WD 1TB (maybe later two of them for mirroring)[/*:m:1amwh6pa]
  • PSU: quietest with enough power[/*:m:1amwh6pa]
  • Case: i will see... a good looking silent one of course.[/*:m:1amwh6pa]
  • and: a FireWire PCI Card[/*:m:1amwh6pa]

I chose the the Xeon 1230 because i don't need/want to overclock and im interested in the mix of the core i7 and the i5. Cheap but HT. yeah. I do some rendering and more music stuff like running VSTs and so on. And gaming of course, SC2, D3 soon and other cool games ^^. FireWire is very (!) important to plug my audio interface in it. Maybe i should go for a board with integrated FW or will the cheapest PCI Card work?
And last but not least: i want a triple Boot with Lion/Win7/Ubuntu.

Thanks in advantage,
Secutor

(btw. the forum deleted my old account so that's a new one with same name :crazy: )

well the xeon would require a different motherboard, check the CPU support list on manuf. website ;)

If you were to go xeon the you would require EEC mem, so cheap isn't really in that equation :(

I think you should study and read a bit more about what you want....

well, the cool thing about THIS Xeon is, that it also works with non ECC RAM and on every 1155 board. At least under WIN.

I would go with the 1155 CPU build. You will still get pretty outstanding performance for a fraction of the price.

it's only 30€.
But I need to know if this build is possible.

So can anybody confirm now, that this build could work? (CPU, Board and RAM combination is working flawlessly under WIN and Linux). So it should work for a Hackintosh too, at least from the technical side. What's about the 570GTX? Will any card work? Or do I need to buy a special one?
Secutor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back