Motherboard
Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook
I'm trying to install Sonoma on my 2019 build (Z390 aorus pro, i9 9900kf, RX580). I have it defines as a iMac Pro (2017) iMacPro1,1 running mojave, after trying a bunch of different SMBIOS I landed on that as the better one for this system, no iGPU because KF processor is one reason I guess. That seems to be compatible with Sonoma, and recognized by the installer as such.

I made the Sonoma installer (14.1.1) into an SD card with the latest clover bootloader (I couldn't get it to work with OpenCore 0.9.6) from which I can boot with that same system definition to Mojave, but clover doesn't show the Sonoma installer as an option, only the Mojave and Windows installs.

Also, I'd like if someone could tell me which kext worked for them for the install and which applied later, but I think that isn't the issue I'm having.

Any ideas appreciated.

Edit: Sonoma installer is recognized as an option by the older clover running the Mojave. It doesn't work to install and I wouldn't want it to, but it is shown as an option there, something about the newer Clover in the installer SD isn't recognizing it.

Last edited:
Back