Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX-780 TI
Hi there,

I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 on a hackintosh build i've been using for 3-4 years now. The GPU is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Ti, and i haven't really had any problesm with it that i haven't been able to deal with.

This morning when i turned on my desktop, after going from boot loader into macOS, the screen goes blank at the point where my GPU/Nvidia web drivers usually kick in. The computer itself is totally responsive... I have a mac running screen sharing and i can see my desktop perfectly fine from the laptop. The issue seems to be with the drivers.

At some point, I managed to get the screen to reappear on my desktop, but NVIDIA web driver still shows up as "Not Installed" in the driver manager, and i still cannot select the web driver from System Prefs > Nvidia Driver Manager.

Any ideas on how to work around this?

I should mention that when my screen finally returned ,my desktop backgrounds had all changed to older backgrounds from over a year ago.... not sure if that means anything but i was on the exact same boot drive as i was yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back