Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I've been trying to install Mac using this beautiful guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html.

On my HP 530 Laptop: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...eId=321957&prodSeriesId=3375953&lang=en&cc=us, and believe me... it's driving me crazy !!.

I installed using iBoot, and a "Mac.OSX.Snow.Leopard.v10.6.3-HOTiSO" DVD. It's installed fine, I booted with iBoot and installed the Combo Update, opened MultiBeast and selected some drivers, etc.

BUT, when I try to restart and work without iBoot:

I won't mention how many times I've got "panic" message while trying to boot again because that happened like a million times !.

And of course, the stupid rotating weird thing on the Apple boot screen that rotates forever without doing anything !.

The thing that really made me made, is Mac after many times of trying to boot (finally did!) can't recognize anything from my laptop: the Trackpad, the Keyboard, the Sound, USB, WiFi, and Ethernet, ..etc.

How could this happens while I selected the Kexts from MultiBeast !!!

I really can't use my Laptop anymore !!

So, I desperately need help, Guys.

I need drivers for my laptop, I need a solution for the Boot Issue.

Now, I installed a fresh installation of Mac (Without installing the combo update or the MultiBeast, etc)

Any Ideas ?!

Thanks in advance : )

Issues with installing Mac on HP 530/520 Laptop

i don't know about your problem...but my laptop is hp 520 (similar to yours in GPU & CPU) ......I TRIED THE RETAIL INSTALL DVD method with iBOOT .....i even cant get to the installer screen...my laptop shows.....unable to find root device.....whis the problem of USB PORT but our LAPTOP have only 2 port of USB 2.0.....so with no luck...then yesterday i have installed OS X using my MODREN PC : core i3 3220 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450 1GB......now i'll try it after some time.today..............:crazy::confused:

i don't know about your problem...but my laptop is hp 520 (similar to yours in GPU & CPU) ......I TRIED THE RETAIL INSTALL DVD method with iBOOT .....i even cant get to the installer screen...my laptop shows.....unable to find root device.....whis the problem of USB PORT but our LAPTOP have only 2 port of USB 2.0.....so with no luck...then yesterday i have installed OS X using my MODREN PC : core i3 3220 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450 1GB......now i'll try it after some time.today..............:crazy::confused:

Snow Leopard does not support Ivy CPUs. You would need to use iBoot Ivy.

And the only purpose is to download a version of OS X that supports Ivy/HD4000. First was Lion 10.7.5.

Recommend you install Yosemite directly. Easiest if you use a Mac or working hack to download it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back