Contribute
Register

Issues with High Sierra Supplemental Update (Jan 8, 2018) and Intel Integrated UHD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW-Clover
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5.3 GHz
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have been having this strange issue of Intel Integrated Graphics breaking as soon as I install this update.

I can install OS X (either HFS+J or APFS) without a problem, in fact, the OS recognizes the UHD 630 natively since I use an Z370 / 8700k.

However, after a certain amount of restarts / application installations, the Hackintosh will inevitably fail on the following line:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I've tried multiple cases to see where this error happens.
File System doesn't matter (HFS+J/APFS)
Fresh OS X Install + Immediate Supplemental Update + EFI Folder modification -> Successful subsequent boot
Fresh OS X Install + EFI Folder modification + Supplemental Update -> Stalled boot

Most recently, I installed Razer Synapse, rebooted and Paragon NTFS, rebooted, and I was able to boot everytime. However, when I subsequently installed my usual suite of apps via disk image and/or installer packages, the Hackintosh would stall at that line.

Changing platform id to 0x12345678 allows me to get back in, but at a very suboptimal resolution. (1280 x 1024 on a 3840 x 1080 monitor).

I've seen a similar version of this issue discussed in the past, but I do have Lilu 1.2.1 and IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.3.

Anyone have any ideas? I can attach files, but not sure which ones to attach for this.

Managed to get it to boot by mounting my EFI partition and copying the EFI over from my USB installer. My config is already preset in my installer so it's just a simple copy and paste.

Tried the -disablegfxfirmware flag earlier but to no avail.

I wonder what was preventing the OS from booting?

So it boot stalled again.

Fake platform id, got in, mounted EFI, APPLE folder was created again, so deleted it.

Next boot succeeded without a hitch.

WTH Apple, what is this folder.....

Would love to know what's in that folder and why it prevents me from booting.

The only thing in there is a firmware.scap file, what does that do?

Moderators, please unmark this thread as solved.

Boot stalled this morning when I tried to fix iMessage by changing serial, board serial and SMUUID.

Tried copying over known good EFI and removing APPLE folder, but that doesn't work anymore either.

Running out of ideas here.

So I was doing some research on the various hackintosh sites and they inspired me to play around with the config.plist file.

Specifically the FakeID Intel and platform-id sections.

Suffice it to say, everytime I tried to load the configuration settings via plist and reboot with no modified boot options, the boot would stall.

However, doing any of the following resulted in a successful boot:
1. Leaving platform-id blank, and changing it to 0x59120000 in boot options
2. Setting platform-id to 0x59120000 in plist, then changing it to 0x00000000 in boot options
3. Setting platform-id to 0x59120000 in plist and then injecting FakeID Intel to 0x59128086 in boot options

Leaving boot options unmodified would result in a stall.

Very interesting behavior.

Currently, I have my plist set to 0x59120000 ig-platform id and then I change it to 0x00000000 in boot options at boot. It's a workaround, but it seems to work. I'll keep this thread updated as more issues come about. And yes, I have an APPLE folder in my EFI partition, but it seems to boot anyway.

So how do you get graphics in the first place? I've tried everything but nothing works. Multibeast has been the best so far, but graphics crap out after waking from sleep. I have to reboot to get proper graphics.

So far looks like the only true solution for working graphics in High Sierra/Coffee Lake is to get Radeon/NVidia. Those GPU prices right now doe.... :twisted:

So how do you get graphics in the first place? I've tried everything but nothing works. Multibeast has been the best so far, but graphics crap out after waking from sleep. I have to reboot to get proper graphics.

So far looks like the only true solution for working graphics in High Sierra/Coffee Lake is to get Radeon/NVidia. Those GPU prices right now doe.... :twisted:

I just played around with the sleep function.

The functionality works, but I wouldn't say it works. Here's what I mean.

I manually select the sleep option from the top menu. Board shuts down, immediately turns back on. Starts boot looping at CPU DXE Initialization. I force the shut down via hardware power button.

I turn the computer back on, it goes through the BIOS boot, then Clover Boot Menu. At this point, I do one of two things, and depending on which, I get stalled boot or I get to a login window.
1. Stalled Boot
I go to graphics injector and change the ig-platform id from 0x59120000 to 0x00000000. Boot stalls.
2. Login Window
I select boot MacOS, leaving graphics injector as 0x59120000 as set in plist. I get to login window and login. I am greeted with all of my windows pre-sleep.
Note that this is different than my regular startup workaround. For that, I have to change my ig-platform id to get it to boot.

Very interesting behavior, and some workarounds for me to use it.

I do notice some other weird behavior on my setup. My two NVMe SSDs like to swap disk0 and disk1 identifiers.

And now, changing ig-platform id from 0x59120000 to 0x00000000 leads to boot stalls on a fresh startup.

However, changing FakeID Intel injection to 0x59128086 still works to allow a boot, with full acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back