Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to put together a new mini build, and I'm running into some problems with the hardware. I essentially have the parts recommended for the CustoMac Mini, December 2013 edition.

The problem I'm running into is with the CPU fan/heatsink not fitting under the power supply that comes in the case. I'm using the Intel stock fan for the i7-4770k, and there's no way it will fit under the power supply. I figured since I used the suggested case and motherboard that I would be okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I'm trying to put together a new mini build, and I'm running into some problems with the hardware. I essentially have the parts recommended for the CustoMac Mini, December 2013 edition.

The problem I'm running into is with the CPU fan/heatsink not fitting under the power supply that comes in the case. I'm using the Intel stock fan for the i7-4770k, and there's no way it will fit under the power supply. I figured since I used the suggested case and motherboard that I would be okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

My advice is to return the MI-008 and get a better case. I've never liked that case, it's simply too small, in my opinion, to install/work with. I attempted a build using one and returned it immediately. If you want something in that "shoebox" form factor that won't break the bank, take a look at the Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced. I have personal experience with it, and can say it's well-built and roomy for a MiniITX case. The Bitfenix Prodigy is a very popular choice as well.

Yeah this case is very tight. I used one with my H67N build and it did fit properly underneath the psu with the intel stock cooler. There were a few millimeters of clearance on that one.

The second time I used it with a H87N and one of these slim aftermarket slim coolers which was a much better fit. This is an option if you don't want to return the case entirely.

Thermaltake Slim X3 Low Profile CPU Fan
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WOL4UG/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back