Graphics
9800 gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I've finally whittled down my issues with my update to 10.6.6, But I am now having a hard time figuring out how to get QE/CI working on my 9800GT. From what I understand, nvEnabler.kext is not needed with RC5 and "GaphicsEnabler=Yes" in com.apple.boot.plist. I really want to get this figured out. I didn't have any problems with 10.6.4, but now I'm stuck in a widescreen 1024x768 with no QE/CI. I know that this has to be something simple, but I can't figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

yes, it's dvi to dvi.

Try disconnecting your monitor DVI connection, then reconnecting - either to the same port on your video card, or to another if you have more than one DVI port.

In System Preferences/ Displays - what resolution choices do you have? Post a picture of your System Preferences/Displays if possible. You can capture a picture by clicking shift-command-4 and dragging the cross-hairs diagonally across the window or part of the screen. Here's mine:
SyncMasterRES.png

Attachments

• SyncMasterRES.png
    SyncMasterRES.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 487
my only option is 1280x800, no options. And I cant do a screen cap for some reason. swapped inputs on the card still no go. the monitor is only displaying 1280x1024 (the cards largest VESA resolution) of is 1920x1280 (there's a black box around everything) and stretches whatever resolution is loaded to that size, so I have a stretched display without full acceleration. this is really annoying, everything worked great with 10.6.4 and nvenabler. now I can't even boot using nvenabler with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Have you tried using the latest DSDT from tonymac, setting GraphicsEnabler = yes, and removing NVEnabler?

Can you post the contents of your com.apple.Boot.plist?

Griffwill said:
So, I've finally whittled down my issues with my update to 10.6.6, But I am now having a hard time figuring out how to get QE/CI working on my 9800GT. From what I understand, nvEnabler.kext is not needed with RC5 and "GaphicsEnabler=Yes" in com.apple.boot.plist. I really want to get this figured out. I didn't have any problems with 10.6.4, but now I'm stuck in a widescreen 1024x768 with no QE/CI. I know that this has to be something simple, but I can't figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

i m having same problem
i can't change my resolution either
when you restart your comp then press f then if ur drive where mac install is mac osx something then click downward arrow button then go to vidoe memory you will show some resolution
like mine my gpu only show
http://www.leilaharry.com/tech/images/01-iboot.jpg
in that pic many resolution will come like mine i have nvidia 8400 gs i gb
i installed appx 100 time every time 1 problem that is resolution
"Graphics Mode"="ur resolution"
which is showing in videomemory

So, I see posts with this or similar issues all over the place as I try to search the forums, usually with at least one "me too" post included...
The always seem to end in silence, no resolution.

I've been trying to just use the forum and mine the information I need out of previous posts, but this one has me stumped.

I am trying to get a GA-H55m-USB3 / i5 2.8quad / 8GB 1600mHz / EVGA Geforce 9800 GTX+ system completely functional.

I used the DSDT for my BIOS revision and was able to get everything working: audio, ethernet, usb3, firewire, sleep. I cant tell you how fantastic the tools and forum have been in aiding me in the learning curve.

Latest iBoot and Multibeast 3.3, btw. Grabbed 'em a week ago.

The best I could do with was to get my 9800 GTX+ recognized, and resolution functional, changing resolution was no problem, fan (i assume it was the GPU fan) quiet after OS load, it really worked perfectly - watching video etc. But the 3d Frame Rate according to NovaBench is 100ish instead of 1000ish... no QE/CI I'm guessing. How to I enable the rest of the video functionality. I had made what many claim is a mistake by ticking the NVEnabler box in MultiBeast. I tried an old copy of OSX86 Tools that, of course, failed - no surprise there.

I Started over and used Easybeast instead of the DSDT, just ot change things up - when I went this route I get the 32MB of video RAM as described in this post... and can't even coax it to give me the resolution I had before.

both times I edited /Library/Pref.../Sys.../com.apple.Boot.plist to include GraphicsEnabler set to Yes.

Is there a definitive post somewhere that describes the parts that are in play and would help me understand the parameters we are trying to manipulate here? I'd love to get a little deeper. In lieu of this, can someone actually post the steps they used to get a 9800 fully functional with ~1K framerate and QE/CI running properly?

As an extra fyi, the GTX+ is an overclocked version of the GTX as I understand it...

Much thanks to any who see this and can respond.

trevelyn said:
So, I see posts with this or similar issues all over the place as I try to search the forums, usually with at least one "me too" post included...
The always seem to end in silence, no resolution.

I've been trying to just use the forum and mine the information I need out of previous posts, but this one has me stumped.

I am trying to get a GA-H55m-USB3 / i5 2.8quad / 8GB 1600mHz / EVGA Geforce 9800 GTX+ system completely functional.

I used the DSDT for my BIOS revision and was able to get everything working: audio, ethernet, usb3, firewire, sleep. I cant tell you how fantastic the tools and forum have been in aiding me in the learning curve.

Latest iBoot and Multibeast 3.3, btw. Grabbed 'em a week ago.

The best I could do with was to get my 9800 GTX+ recognized, and resolution functional, changing resolution was no problem, fan (i assume it was the GPU fan) quiet after OS load, it really worked perfectly - watching video etc. But the 3d Frame Rate according to NovaBench is 100ish instead of 1000ish... no QE/CI I'm guessing. How to I enable the rest of the video functionality. I had made what many claim is a mistake by ticking the NVEnabler box in MultiBeast. I tried an old copy of OSX86 Tools that, of course, failed - no surprise there.

I Started over and used Easybeast instead of the DSDT, just ot change things up - when I went this route I get the 32MB of video RAM as described in this post... and can't even coax it to give me the resolution I had before.

both times I edited /Library/Pref.../Sys.../com.apple.Boot.plist to include GraphicsEnabler set to Yes.

Is there a definitive post somewhere that describes the parts that are in play and would help me understand the parameters we are trying to manipulate here? I'd love to get a little deeper. In lieu of this, can someone actually post the steps they used to get a 9800 fully functional with ~1K framerate and QE/CI running properly?

As an extra fyi, the GTX+ is an overclocked version of the GTX as I understand it...

Much thanks to any who see this and can respond.

What have you done to test QE/CI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back