visiontek ati radeon 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Genkora said:
I've been trying to install snow leopard on and 1155 system and I haven't got it to work. I've run the update helper, but after rebooting it hangs on the grey start up screen with the apple logo.

I've followed the instructions on

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/get-ready-for-os-x-lion-update-to-1068.html

but the hang up is on the first reboot. Any ideas?

I never could get the helper update to work. I did the following:

Navigate to: System//Library//Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
Right click and select show package contents Open Contents folder Open Plugin folder and move ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext to trash
Start Terminal:
Type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
Type: sudo kextcache -system-caches
Type: sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

After that do the following:
Restart system with iboot and reload snow leopard
run 10.6.8 combo update from a USB and update will be done successfully. DO NOT REBOOT
Rename your downloaded DSDT H61M-USB3-B3 to DSDT.aml and put on your desktop
Run Multibeast 3.73 from USB
Select: User DSDT, System Utilities- Repair Caches and Repair Permission, Audio, ACLXX HDA and Apple HDA Rollback, USB3 Nec/Renasas, Bootloader- Chimera V1.4.1 r877

and it worked for you? On an H67 chipset? Thank you, I will try that and post my results

I did what you said and the 10.6.8 combo updater installed successfully (The computer crashed the other times I tried it), but multibeast said installation failed, when I restarted it, installer unexpectedly quit.

yes, it worked all the way to 10.7. Check out my posts for the complete build process.

Good luck.

Ah, I'm not sure about the installation failure problem I had, but I tried it in easybeast and had no problems. Everything seems fully functional now, and I can boot with no problems without iboot. In fact, I'm making this post on my new machine right now :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it. Now I just have to find a good compatible wireless network card, I'm connected by ethernet right now.

Genkora said:
Ah, I'm not sure about the installation failure problem I had, but I tried it in easybeast and had no problems. Everything seems fully functional now, and I can boot with no problems without iboot. In fact, I'm making this post on my new machine right now :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it. Now I just have to find a good compatible wireless network card, I'm connected by ethernet right now.

Congratulations. I had a lot of help here as well.. was happy that I could offer something to your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back