i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! Noob Hackintosher here (this is my first time trying) --

I'm trying to Hackintosh a Compaq Presario CQ57 (laptop). I successfully made the UniBeast USB and the laptop boots into it but always get a kernel panic.

When I enter boot flag -v, I see the reason why it kernel panics is because "kernel-__SYMTAB" and "name" are not kexts.

Full specs:

Compaq Presario CQ57
Intel Celeron B800 @ 1.5GHz
2GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics w/ 768MB (graphics) RAM

If you have any suggestions on what to do, please comment.

Thanks!!

Hello! Noob Hackintosher here (this is my first time trying) --

I'm trying to Hackintosh a Compaq Presario CQ57 (laptop). I successfully made the UniBeast USB and the laptop boots into it but always get a kernel panic.

When I enter boot flag -v, I see the reason why it kernel panics is because "kernel-__SYMTAB" and "name" are not kexts.

That is normal and not the cause of your problem.

Full specs:

Compaq Presario CQ57
Intel Celeron B800 @ 1.5GHz
2GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics w/ 768MB (graphics) RAM

If you have any suggestions on what to do, please comment.

Thanks!!

The Celeron B800 does not have a graphics chip supported by any version of OS X.

Hm, well, I got the OS X installer to boot up with cpus=1, and I'm installing OS X right now. Will report back when it's done.

Funny enough, that was going to be my primary use for this Hackintosh. File sharing and printer sharing.

Funny enough, that was going to be my primary use for this Hackintosh. File sharing and printer sharing.

OK... good thing...

Alright, so I installed it. When I boot it up now with boot flags -v and cpus=1, it boots up completely fine, but then I get a gray screen and the mouse pointer turns into a spinning beach ball that keeps going and going. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No and I've also tried taking out the WLAN card and that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Safe mode (-x) won't even boot without cpus=1, and when I do use -x and cpus=1, the system goes into a reboot loop.

Any suggestions?

Alright, so I installed it. When I boot it up now with boot flags -v and cpus=1, it boots up completely fine, but then I get a gray screen and the mouse pointer turns into a spinning beach ball that keeps going and going. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No and I've also tried taking out the WLAN card and that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Safe mode (-x) won't even boot without cpus=1, and when I do use -x and cpus=1, the system goes into a reboot loop.

Any suggestions?

Your hardware is relatively old and low-end... Not much experience with it.

Try:
dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -x -v cpus=1

You're probably going to have some DSDT patching to do.

Thank you so much! That got me into safe mode. Before setting up OS X, I put back in the WLAN card for Internet access. I started back up into safe mode but the card was not recognized. I'm pretty sure it's not compatible with OS X. I also tried Ethernet - not working either. On the bright side, the optical drive works, the webcam works, and the built-in mic works. I don't know where to go from here without WiFi since I need MultiBeast. Should I download it on my (real) Mac and transfer it over via USB?

Thank you so much for getting me this far!

... I don't know where to go from here without WiFi since I need MultiBeast. Should I download it on my (real) Mac and transfer it over via USB?

Yes.

You will need to determine which Ethernet and which WiFi chipset you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back