CPU
3.19 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been attempting to update my computer to Mountain Lion for a couple weeks now but I continually run in to errors when trying to create a working Unibeast USB drive to install from. I have followed the steps exactly but whenever I finish installing Unibeast my computer pops up an error message saying that OS X cannot repair the drive and it must be formatted. The last 2 times I tried to install Unibeast to a freshly formatted and partitioned drive and then checked with disk utility I got an "invalid node structure" error the first time, and an "invalid key length" error the second time. I tried to install ML from a drive reporting these errors a few times but I either got a kernel panic as soon as the installer tried to boot or I got an error with about 5 minutes left of the install saying that the install failed. I've been running this computer since Snow Leopard and had no issues updating to Lion.
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 F11 rev. 1 motherboard with a core i7 processor and a Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 GPU.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 10.39.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 10.39.30 PM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 118
  • iJmAll.jpg
    iJmAll.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 123
I have been attempting to update my computer to Mountain Lion for a couple weeks now but I continually run in to errors when trying to create a working Unibeast USB drive to install from. I have followed the steps exactly but whenever I finish installing Unibeast my computer pops up an error message saying that OS X cannot repair the drive and it must be formatted. The last 2 times I tried to install Unibeast to a freshly formatted and partitioned drive and then checked with disk utility I got an "invalid node structure" error the first time, and an "invalid key length" error the second time. I tried to install ML from a drive reporting these errors a few times but I either got a kernel panic as soon as the installer tried to boot or I got an error with about 5 minutes left of the install saying that the install failed. I've been running this computer since Snow Leopard and had no issues updating to Lion.
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 F11 rev. 1 motherboard with a core i7 processor and a Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 GPU.

Is it possible that your USB stick is having problems? Have you tried another one?

Unfortunately I only have the one stick that's big enough to fit the install on, which I specifically bought to do this. It always checks out fine before I do the Unibeast install, but I can go buy another if need be.

You should buy another 8GB USB flash drive.

Got a replacement coming 2 day from Amazon. Hopefully it will resolve my problems.

I'm having the exact same issue, flash drive checks out fine until Unibeast runs then it's node this and key length that. Should I assume since the thread fell silent that a second USB fixed the problem?

New USB did solve my problems though it may have been unnecessary. Turns out that the USB port I was using was going bad; when I plugged the new USB drive the port wouldn't connect the drive to the computer. Clearly the install was being corrupted by the bad port for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back