i5-9600K
Graphics
GTX 1660
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hullo,

Wondering if anyone can help...

I've got a GB GA-Z68x-UD3P-B3 mobo
GFX is NVidia 570 (yes I know it won't run correctly under SL)
4 GB ram

I followed the instructions to the letter to get SL installed and it worked! Updates everything!!

So I downloaded Lion again following the instructions and got after downloading (took ages!) I clicked on continue to commence the install, selected my SL install and clicked install.

All that then happened is a grey screen with the spinning grey circle for the whole of Transformers 2 (it was on the telly).

Thinking that 2+ hours is to long for an install, I powered down and rebooted only to find that my rock solid SL install now fails to boot, even with the iBoot disk, it fails to work.

So, I thought no probs, I made a clone of the HD (using SuperDuper) I'll swap out the HD and use that, this also failed to work!

Ok, I'll rebuild the install, following the SL instructions again to the letter, after running updatehelper, reboot, install the combo update and then reboot, all going well.

When I plug in my memory stick to copy the multibeast package (I put all the apps on it to save downloading) my SL install then displays the message a problem has occured and you have to power down the system.

I now get KP's when booting and looks like I'm going to have to start the rebuild again.

Has anyone else experienced issues with usb sticks?

I didn't the first time and the only thing that has changed since my 1st install was the HD.

Please help!!

Did you copy the Install Lion App to your USB drive before trying to update to Lion?
If you did, Install SL to 10.6.7 (no need to go to 8). Create a UniBeast installer USB http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html .
Boot to the USB, at the install screen erase your HD with format MacOS Extended (journaled) 1 pass write zeros and then install Lion to a nice clean drive.

I didn't copy the Lion app to a separate drive...

Will get my SL install up and running first then will download again and follow your linky.

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back