Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170M Mortar
CPU
i7-6700k @4.0GHz
Graphics
EVGA 970 GTX SSC ACX 2.0
First off, I'm brand new at this and the simpler the instructions, the better :)
Second, the build: i7-6700k @4.0GHz, 4x8GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400, MSI Z170M Mortar, EVGA GTX970 SSC
So, after picking these parts specifically due to them being on the part guide and following tominabox1's guide (our parts lists are almost identical) alongside the generic install guide, I'm still having problems with my initial boot. Generated the disk via Unibeast with no real issues, but when I try to install, the loading bar would get to about 90% before freezing outright. Took my longer than I care to admit to understand what verbose mode was, but with enough browsing i figured out how to navigate the clover bootloader. So, now that I can see the errors, whenever the boot doesn't process due to "error allocating 0x1162" and actually runs through text, I now get:
Fri Apr 7 06:43:21 iMac.local com.apple launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.157) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code; 1
busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait (0): 'AppleACPICPU'
busy timeout[1], (240s), kextd wait (0): 'AppleACPICPU'
IOConsoleUsers: time (0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I found one other member who had abnormal code 1, but his fix was simply using the new Unibeast which hasn't worked for me. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I did try booting safe, single user and verbose and many combinations of those. Tried cpus=1. I've also tried using all the 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 ports on the Mobo and the 2 2.0's and 2 3.0's on the case.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the thread, as I was just about to myself. Having the exact same issue trying to upgrade 11.6 to 12.4 via App Store. 11.6 boots normally, but installer dies at the same spot. I've got a spinning beach ball and have no idea what the hang up is.

CPU: i5-6600k
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
GC: EVGA 960

First off, I'm brand new at this and the simpler the instructions, the better :)
Second, the build: i7-6700k @4.0GHz, 4x8GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400, MSI Z170M Mortar, EVGA GTX970 SSC
So, after picking these parts specifically due to them being on the part guide and following tominabox1's guide (our parts lists are almost identical) alongside the generic install guide, I'm still having problems with my initial boot. Generated the disk via Unibeast with no real issues, but when I try to install, the loading bar would get to about 90% before freezing outright. Took my longer than I care to admit to understand what verbose mode was, but with enough browsing i figured out how to navigate the clover bootloader. So, now that I can see the errors, whenever the boot doesn't process due to "error allocating 0x1162" and actually runs through text, I now get:
Fri Apr 7 06:43:21 iMac.local com.apple launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.157) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code; 1
busy timeout[1], (240s), kextd wait (0): 'AppleACPICPU'
IOConsoleUsers: time (0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I found one other member who had abnormal code 1, but his fix was simply using the new Unibeast which hasn't worked for me. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I did try booting safe, single user and verbose and many combinations of those. Tried cpus=1. I've also tried using all the 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 ports on the Mobo and the 2 2.0's and 2 3.0's on the case.

This can be due to some wrong or corrupted kext in that Sierra USB Installer.
  • What version of macOSSierra are you installing through the USB installer?
  • What Version of Unibeast Installer did you use to create the Sierra USB installer?
  • Upload the CLOVER folder of your USB installer without the contents of its "themes" folder as a compressed file to the Forum
    • Attach your USB installer to the system it was created.
    • Download and launch Clover Configurator _vibrant (CC-V) from: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
    • Mount EFI Partition of the USB installer on the desktop
    • Navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER > themes and remove its contents ( you can copy and save them on. afolder on your desktop if you like or just trash)
    • Now return to EFI folder and Right click CLOVER>Compress and Upload [See images]

Attachments

• Zipped CLOVER file.png
    Zipped CLOVER file.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 843
  • CCV_Mount EFI Partition of USB Installer.png
    CCV_Mount EFI Partition of USB Installer.png
    517.4 KB · Views: 865
  • CCV_Mount EFI Partition of USB Installer.png
    CCV_Mount EFI Partition of USB Installer.png
    517.4 KB · Views: 826
  • Zipped CLOVER file.png
    Zipped CLOVER file.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 702
Hey, I just solved my problem (at least this one). From this post

in my working system (pre-upgrade El Cap), I mounted EFI, then copied everything in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 over to 10.12. The next boot worked great, and the Sierra install completed fine.

Sierra installer is now working away.

I generated the drive off a borrowed Macbook pro using the OSX Sierra 10.12.3 installer and Unibeast 7.0.1. Unfortunately, the only Mac I have access to consistently is an Early 08 Macbook Pro running Mavericks, which won't let me access the Clover configurator :(

The new UniBeast is 7.1.1 not 7.0.1.
Well Shoot, guess I missed an update somewhere. I'll have to see if I can get access to a Sierra machine and just try again :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back