Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z-370 A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hello. Does anyone maybe understand these errors during the boot of my Mac OS Catalina install stick ? This get features error only comes up when I run only with Lilu, VirtualSMC and Whatevergreen. I don’t really understand what do to ? Maybe anyone else has an idea ? Somewhere I heard something of trying a different DSDT ?
Mojave boots perfectly fine with that EFI folder.

Attachments

• F15E1A05-1B91-4F05-BBDB-1204F4AC7A8C.jpeg
    F15E1A05-1B91-4F05-BBDB-1204F4AC7A8C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
  • 542746A1-6FDC-4A88-B918-EB80F461915E.jpeg
    542746A1-6FDC-4A88-B918-EB80F461915E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 115
My hard learned experience after many failed attempts to install Catalina:
Try again and rebuild the installation key as directed; you may only need to delete everything in your EFI partition but I would start over. I assume you have noticed it takes a long time to complete the Catalina side of the USB key.
Manually place the latest versions (they may not be on this website) you can find of needed kexts, including network and audio, into the kexts/other folder after directly installing-not cloning- a compatible version of Clover to your installer USB key. Also remember to insert the basic configp posted on this website.
Once you get Catalina installed on an SSD I also found it necessary to directly install Clover to the Catalina SSD EFI partition as simply cloning the EFI from the USB stick resulted in the SSD not being recognized by motherboard UEFI as bootable--others may not have had that problem. Obviously you need to copy from the USB key the appropriate kexts to the Catalina SSD along with the basic configp offered on this website.
Once bootable you can modify configp and add kexts to your heart's desire to do whatever you want, including things like getting iMessage to work (as well as it does).
I assume because their EFI/Clover partitions are differently constructed I find I can not boot Catalina from the Mojave version of Clover or versa vice, others may have a different experience.

My hard learned experience after many failed attempts to install Catalina:
Try again and rebuild the installation key as directed; you may only need to delete everything in your EFI partition but I would start over. I assume you have noticed it takes a long time to complete the Catalina side of the USB key.
Manually place the latest versions (they may not be on this website) you can find of needed kexts, including network and audio, into the kexts/other folder after directly installing-not cloning- a compatible version of Clover to your installer USB key. Also remember to insert the basic configp posted on this website.
Once you get Catalina installed on an SSD I also found it necessary to directly install Clover to the Catalina SSD EFI partition as simply cloning the EFI from the USB stick resulted in the SSD not being recognized by motherboard UEFI as bootable--others may not have had that problem. Obviously you need to copy from the USB key the appropriate kexts to the Catalina SSD along with the basic configp offered on this website.
Once bootable you can modify configp and add kexts to your heart's desire to do whatever you want, including things like getting iMessage to work (as well as it does).
I assume because their EFI/Clover partitions are differently constructed I find I can not boot Catalina from the Mojave version of Clover or versa vice, others may have a different experience.
The problem is: I can’t even get the installation stick started. With the folder structure, I noticed that as well and adopted to the changes. I attached an image of the part where it hangs up now during installation. Later on, I can also add the EFI folder to it. If the image does not tell anything about the issue.

Attachments

• 4E99C15D-87B2-4976-B724-022EF5F2E17C.jpeg
    4E99C15D-87B2-4976-B724-022EF5F2E17C.jpeg
    749.8 KB · Views: 74
The problem is: I can’t even get the installation stick started. With the folder structure, I noticed that as well and adopted to the changes. I attached an image of the part where it hangs up now during installation. Later on, I can also add the EFI folder to it. If the image does not tell anything about the issue.

You can try the EFI folder attached to post #1 of my Z370 thread. Link is below in my signature.

You can try the EFI folder attached to post #1 of my Z370 thread. Link is below in my signature.
Honestly, you are my savior ! Your help / EFI folder was the only thing that worked. Out of all posts I either was recommended stuff hat didn’t help or simply received no reply. Will now apply my serial to it and can finally use Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back