Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After four years, I have upgraded my hackintosh from Mavericks to Sierra. See signature below for system description. I am also using a Magic Trackpad (1st generation) with one of those Bluetooth adapters plugged into one of the USB2 ports:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GFX0PY

I followed the guide to the letter. Mostly things went well, but I have a couple of issues:

1. Most serious: the system hangs (freezes) when Safari/Vienna shows a site with video contents (digg.com is one of them). With 100% reproducibility, the movie player is loaded, and when I try to move the mouse the system completely freezes. This doesn't happen in Chrome. When the system freezes, I have to restart, and also I have to unplug/replug the Bluetooth adaptor (this is the same as previously in Mavericks). The freeze also happens if I use a normal corded USB mouse.

2. Pixelation. This is most evident in the login window, but also when some videos play. For example, if I go to Apple's MacBook Pro page, the animated images appear pixelated THE FIRST TIME THE VIDEO PLAYS. Subsequent visits show normal animated pictures.

Please let me know if posting more details (multi-beast configuration or Clover plist, etc.) would help. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back