Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys i was able to successfully install yosemite using my previous graphics card an hd 6870. Today i went and got a new MSI GTX 970. I was able to install the drivers using my integrated graphics and I've been able to get into the bios with the card as the primary display. However, i cant seem to get the 970 to move past the bios, i just get a blank screen. Also, i cant seem to boot with integrated graphics anymore unless i remove the card from the motherboard. Is there a simple setting in the bios im forgetting to check or something?

My specs are:

i5 3570k
GTX 970
Ga-z77- ds3h
16gb ram
samsung 840 pro
seasonic 620w psu

Hey guys i was able to successfully install yosemite using my previous graphics card an hd 6870. Today i went and got a new MSI GTX 970. I was able to install the drivers using my integrated graphics and I've been able to get into the bios with the card as the primary display. However, i cant seem to get the 970 to move past the bios, i just get a blank screen. Also, i cant seem to boot with integrated graphics anymore unless i remove the card from the motherboard. Is there a simple setting in the bios im forgetting to check or something?

My specs are:

i5 3570k
GTX 970
Ga-z77- ds3h
16gb ram
samsung 840 pro
seasonic 620w psu

Hey man

You need to go into your Bios and set iGPU to primary and then use this boot flag when booting into OS X, nv_diable=1, once in you need to install the Nvidia Web drivers.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1f01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back