CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I always had issues with High Sierra and suddenly i couldn't boot into the OS anymore..without doing anything to the System or clover(failed to load inode?)...so i updated to Mojave, everything seems fine even the igpu seems to work..but it feels like my pc takes too long to get into the os, before i get to clover it says something like "apfs could not load" or/and some stuff like that..no idea, it goes by to fast to read all the text, and i have a white noise screen? My monitor is plugged in via display port. I attached problem reporting file. Don't know if there is a real issue behind it, but would like to know before it gets more serious..if not maybe there is a way to boot faster into the os? Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• debug_25852.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
I always had issues with High Sierra and suddenly i couldn't boot into the OS anymore..without doing anything to the System or clover(failed to load inode?)...so i updated to Mojave, everything seems fine even the igpu seems to work..but it feels like my pc takes too long to get into the os, before i get to clover it says something like "apfs could not load" or/and some stuff like that..no idea, it goes by to fast to read all the text, and i have a white noise screen? My monitor is plugged in via display port. I attached problem reporting file. Don't know if there is a real issue behind it, but would like to know before it gets more serious..if not maybe there is a way to boot faster into the os? Any help appreciated!
  • I have Uploaded Screen shot of your CLOVER FileTree with some annotations for you to consider.
  • You have not mentioned what version of macOSMojave you have installed on this system disk.
  • If you have installed anything other than macOS Mojave 10.14.0 , the APFS.EFI in your drivers64UEFI is not relevant and could cause issue.
  • I did not see the needed (latest) Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and Apple ALC.kext in kexts/ Other but includes unneeded FakePCIID.kext + FAKEPCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • If you have installed Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and Apple ALC.kext in /Library/Extensions , that would be OK.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER FileTree.png
    1.CLOVER FileTree.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 66
before i get to clover it says something like "apfs could not load" or/and some stuff like that..no idea, it goes by to fast to read all the text, and i have a white noise screen?

@ice1919,

The text you are seeing before Clover loading is debug from the Apple APFS.efi driver .....

It is not recommended to use APFS.efi anymore ... it was a stop gap solution for booting APFS formatted drives on hackingtosh systems before we had a better solution. APFS.efi is an Apple Mac specific driver and can cause delays in booting and unwanted debug text like you are seeing.

You should remove it and replace with ApfsDriverLoader.efi from the Clover installer which works in harmony with the Clover boot-loader, you should see much quicker Clover and MacOS boot times and less issues.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
  • I have Uploaded Screen shot of your CLOVER FileTree with some annotations for you to consider.
  • You have not mentioned what version of macOSMojave you have installed on this system disk.
  • If you have installed anything other than macOS Mojave 10.14.0 , the APFS.EFI in your drivers64UEFI is not relevant and could cause issue.
  • I did not see the needed (latest) Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and Apple ALC.kext in kexts/ Other but includes unneeded FakePCIID.kext + FAKEPCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • If you have installed Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and Apple ALC.kext in /Library/Extensions , that would be OK.

Thx for the fast reply.
I installed 10.14.1. The Fake Hd graphics kext was because i had issues in high sierra with my igpu..
Yes i have them in Library/Ext is it better to have them at kexts/other?

Thx for the fast reply.
I installed 10.14.1. The Fake Hd graphics kext was because i had issues in high sierra with my igpu..
Yes i have them in Library/Ext is it better to have them at kexts/other?
  • For Mojave 10.14.1, those files I stated earlier are not required and would cause issues.
  • Mojave is a lot different from High Sierra and Lilu, and WhaeverGreen.kext have replaced FakePCIID.kext + FAKEPCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in Mojave
  • For macOSUSB Installer disk booting , you have to use kexts helping USB, Graphics etc in addition to the single most important FakESMC.kext and probably Ethernet.kext (to connect to Network_Internet>Apple )in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other .

• Once you have a System booting from Hard disk, you can install all third party kexts, EXCEPT FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions folder to be easily accessible for Clover to help booting that System Disk to Login Screen>Desktop.
Edit: Even if you have FakeSMC.kext in /L/E, still place FakeSMC.kext in Clover/kexts/Other also is a surer way

Last edited:
  • For Mojave 10.14.1, those files I stated earlier are not required and would cause issues.
  • Mojave is a lot different from High Sierra and Lilu, and WhaeverGreen.kext have replaced FakePCIID.kext + FAKEPCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in Mojave
  • For macOSUSB Installer disk booting , you have to use kexts helping USB, Graphics etc in addition to the single most important FakESMC.kext and probably Ethernet.kext (to connect to Network_Internet>Apple )in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other .

• Once you have a System booting from Hard disk, you can install all third party kexts, EXCEPT FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions folder to be easily accessible for Clover to help booting that System Disk to Login Screen>Desktop.
Edit: Even if you have FakeSMC.kext in /L/E, still place FakeSMC.kext in Clover/kexts/Other also is a surer way

Understood! I did everything as recommended, even installed the apfsdriverloader.efi But issue is still there :/ maybe even taking longer to boot now... shall i add debug again?

i attached screenshots...what could be the issue?

what i also don't get is i have a firewire audiocard and in extensions the kext is there but terminal doesn't show? cause it is working only occasionally

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 16.24.02.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 16.24.02.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 16.29.01.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 16.29.01.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 16.35.08.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 16.35.08.png
    94 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.