Contribute
Register

Issue with Windows 8.1 boot (Chimera)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks I will try this week-end. Rdgs

Hi, I have installed clover but I have an issue when booting in Windows mode. I select my Win8.1 drive, it starts, I see the blue window with the dots spining below (strange enough there is also an "_" on the top left of the screen). After a couple of seconds the screen turns black, then monitor in save mode, computer is still working (I hear noises from HD). Then HD stops and nothing... even the reset button has no effect. I have to power off the computer. If I launch my Win8.1 drive from the boot screen in UEFI mode (before clover menu), windows works perfectly. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Hi, I have installed clover but I have an issue when booting in Windows mode. I select my Win8.1 drive, it starts, I see the blue window with the dots spining below (strange enough there is also an "_" on the top left of the screen). After a couple of seconds the screen turns black, then monitor in save mode, computer is still working (I hear noises from HD). Then HD stops and nothing... even the reset button has no effect. I have to power off the computer. If I launch my Win8.1 drive from the boot screen in UEFI mode (before clover menu), windows works perfectly. What did I do wrong? Thanks.
You are selecting the wrong icon at the Clover menu. If you installed Win8.1 UEFI you should see 4 icons. one is for the Win8.1 C partition (non-bootable), one is for the EFI partition (non-bootable? can't remember), one is for the recovery partition (bootable, but you don't want that one - think it has a spanner on the icon), and one is the System Reserved equivalent - that is the one you boot from. If they are not labeled, pick one - the order does not change, so once you find the right one, you can always use it. Or you can edit your config.plist to hide the partitions that are non-bootable.

You are selecting the wrong icon at the Clover menu. If you installed Win8.1 UEFI you should see 4 icons. one is for the Win8.1 C partition (non-bootable), one is for the EFI partition (non-bootable? can't remember), one is for the recovery partition (bootable, but you don't want that one - think it has a spanner on the icon), and one is the System Reserved equivalent - that is the one you boot from. If they are not labeled, pick one - the order does not change, so once you find the right one, you can always use it. Or you can edit your config.plist to hide the partitions that are non-bootable.

I have tried all icons (partitions). I am sure I am using the right one because with others, nothing happen except a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner of the screen.
Do you think it could be something wrong in the config of Clover or in my BIOS?

I have tried all icons (partitions). I am sure I am using the right one because with others, nothing happen except a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner of the screen.
Do you think it could be something wrong in the config of Clover or in my BIOS?
I am not that familiar with Win8.1 UEFI yet. Had a chance to play with it a bit, but still haven't bought the MSCE manual.
If it works booting directly from the HDD and hangs booting from Clover, that points to Clover as the problem, yes.
OS X boots just fine using Clover?

I am not that familiar with Win8.1 UEFI yet. Had a chance to play with it a bit, but still haven't bought the MSCE manual.
If it works booting directly from the HDD and hangs booting from Clover, that points to Clover as the problem, yes.
OS X boots just fine using Clover?

Yes, perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back