Contribute
Register

issue with volume and brightness controls on high sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Alienware 17r3 -Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 970m / HD 530 (1920 x 1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i am having issues with both brightness controls and volume control on high sierra.

currently using voodoohda and applebacklightfixup.kext

the sound works and the voulme control prompt appears and works correctly .. the only issue is that the volume doesn't change ..

the brightness controls prompt on the other hand doesn't appear at all. .the layout on my laptop is setup to have to have f9 and f10 to be the brightness controls ..i know according to applebacklightfixup the controls are setup to be different but unfortunately theres no way for me to remap the brightness up and down controls. either way i don't see anything in preferences that would allow me to change the brightness... it seems like changing the brightness is just not an option

anyone knows how to fix this ?

Last edited:
i am having issues with both brightness controls and volume control on high sierra.

currently using voodoohda and applebacklightfixup.kext

the sound works and the voulme control prompt appears and works correctly .. the only issue is that the volume doesn't change ..

the brightness controls prompt on the other hand doesn't appear at all. .the layout on my laptop is setup to have to have f9 and f10 to be the brightness controls ..i know according to applebacklightfixup the controls are setup to be different but unfortunately theres no way for me to remap the brightness up and down controls. either way i don't see anything in preferences that would allow me to change the brightness... it seems like changing the brightness is just not an option

anyone knows how to fix this ?

Brightness guide has a link for configuring your brightness keys:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

ok i will try that ... what about the volume controls not changing the volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back