Contribute
Register

Issue with Installing Mountain Lion (First Hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Win 7/Mountain Lion
CPU
Intel i-2500K 3.3GHz
Graphics
EVGA GT-660 2GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just bought all the components to build a new computer. These are the specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
i5-2500K 3.3GHz
8gb DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX-660 2GB
1TB Seagate Sata 6gb
500gb Seagate Sata 6gb
ASUS DVD Burner
Rosewell 750w RX750-S-B

I saw a thread where someone couldn't get the GTX 660 to work, But I just saw one where it did work with GraphicsEnabler=No at first and then installing the new Nvidia drivers. This is actually my first hackintosh and I'm entirely new to all of this. I run mac at my work and got unibeast to load up my usb drive there with Mountain Lion. When I boot it up, I get the option to boot into the USB and make sure I input GraphicsEnabler=No. It begins to load into mac and then I get the screen that I have posted below. I tried using my onboard video as well, also with GraphicsEnabler=No, and I get the same error. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

photo.jpg

I also went in via -v and this is where it hangs up:

photo2.jpg

You could try this troubleshooting path.

Pull your video card out of the system and disconnect your SATA drives. Power on with just the installer USB flash drive, USB keyboard, USB mouse and a DVI monitor connected to the DVI port.

You should be able to boot to the USB OS X installer screen and get to the second screen.

If not, you have either a bad USB installer or a problem on the motherboard.

If you get into the installer, you could attach a USB external drive and run Disk Utility to create a GUID partitioned drive and proceed to install. Or you need to shutdown and add one internal SATA drive and reboot. During this phase please do not attempt a dual boot to a single drive and only install on GUID partitioned partitions.

Note: The second choice to using the DVI port is to use the HDMI port. Please do not use VGA.

Good luck
neil

I have the same issue and I have tried every combination I could find online of PCIRootUID and GraphicsEnabler. I have also removed all but one stick of memory and the video card and disabled some of the audio, lan and XHCI on the motherboard bios and still no luck getting past this screen. I have tried multiple USB sticks, with and without USB Legacy support and still no luck.

Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
INTEL I7-3770k
EVGA GTX 660
Corsair 16GB DDR1600
Samsung 830 256GB SSD

Thanks for all your help guys! I got it working. It was the graphics card I had in the system. I had to take it, run the installer and update the graphics driver to the latest Nvidia drivers and then put it back in and it worked. I appreciate all your assistance! Now just to figure out how to get 10.8.2 with these latest Nvidia drivers cause it won't allow me to update the drivers after installing 10.8.2 and then I'm back at the start all over again.

I have the same problem , glad you find a workaround , hope if anyone has another solution than using an old video card then install drivers and replace old video card with the GTX 660 .

I have 2 GTX 460 , but I want to sell them to buy another GTX 660 , those cards rocks !!!

If anyone has another solution please share , I'll be very grateful

P.D. Sorry for my English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back