i7 4790K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Community,
Im in urgent need of your help. I tried to update to 10.14.2 using the App Store. Apparently that was the wrong way and my Hackintosh does not boot any more. It stops at about 90%.
Im not really sure what to do now.
I do have a recent time machine backup, and an old clone of my drive (10.13.5.) - i just managed to start from the cloned drive.

Im really not sure what to do best now and how to execute. I have a laptop available too to generate a boot drive if needed.

What is the best way to do it, can i just go into recovery mode and restore the main high sierra hdd from my time machine backup (the max timemashine engine asks me to delete the high sierra drive before). Since this is my work machine im really unsure what to do.
And i really appreciate your help!

Im running Clover 2.44 rev4458

Thanks
Pold.

P.s.: I did have issues with my build - unexpected crashes in browsers - sleep mode not working and such. Maybe its best to start from scratch and get the files from timemashine?

Last edited:
I tried to update to 10.14.2 using the App Store.
There are no Mojave drivers for your GTX 950.

What is the best way to do it, can i just go into recovery mode and restore the main high sierra hdd from my time machine backup (the max timemashine engine asks me to delete the high sierra drive before). Since this is my work machine im really unsure what to do.
If you can you should clone the drive before attempting to fix things then work on the clone.
This way you can at least get back to where you are now if things go wrong.

Hey Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

Ok, so no drivers at all, that's bad. Im very stupid for mot checking before. I was honestly only thinking of a high sierra update not a update to Mojave, but that is totally my fault.

Is there a way to get back to the state i where before updating to 10.14.2. using time machine? Or will i need to work with my clone and after transferring the clone over to my system ssd migrate from time machine?

About my clone, i manages to start from may cloned disk and its running (from the external hard drive) but im not sure what is the best way of getting my cloned disk back to my system ssd (i used corn sync for the clone since its my daily backup solution)

Or would it work to just use my internal graphics card until i got an upgraded PCI GFX card?

-

Is there any other GFX card that you can recomend using(mainly photo editing), i don't mind upgrading.

Thanks!
Best
Leo

I have the strangest issue.
Trying to solve this for 7 hrs now.

I startet into osx from my cloned backup drive - opened chrono sync - restored the backup drive to my high sierra system drive via "bootable backup" - it booted and worked fine.

Than i decided to go back restated from the recovery partition and restored my time machine backup (i needed to delete the high sierra system drive for that) - after about 2 hrs restoring i restarted it booted into the login screen even showing max logo and such but my login password does not work. I am not getting it at all - totally confused. Even tried resetting the password but it does not accept my apple ID and PW.

Went back to plan one. Started from the clone drive - chrono syned the backup to the system drive. Restarted. Booting works but i can't login again. Tried that about 4 times now with restoring and such.

I strongly get 3 boot options up on pressing f12 - 2 times Max osx and once UEFI OS - all 3 with the same issues. But to be honest i have no idea why there are 3 options now.
In clover boot screen my recovery partition is gone as well.

Makes me crazy.
Anyone has an idea how to fix it? I can boot into my clone drive with no problem.

Maybe the best is to set up a fresh install and clover setup and than try to pull the files(migrate) from timemashine? Or would you have a better suggestion?
Or i buy the new GFX and try to go straight into Mojave. But i don't really "need" Mojave right now.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back