Contribute
Register

Issue: stuck at grey apple logo before installation begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to be clear I used UniBeast and the Mac App Store Yosemite installer...

So to be clear I used UniBeast and the Mac App Store Yosemite installer...

Fine.
If you are using onboard graphic port, (As per my understanding VGA will not support. Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port)
Then try booting with flag "dart=0 cpus=1 maxmem=4096 IGPEnabler=Yes -v"

If you are using your ATI Radeon GFX Card,
Then try booting with flag "dart=0 cpus=1 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v"

If you are facing again the same issues then it will better to create a CLOVER UEFI bootable media. I think UEFI will be better for your hardware.

Ok thank you.
If it doesn't work with your suggestion I will indeed try the UEFI installer and see what happens there, but that's something for somewhere next week... when I have a bit more time. Thank you for now. I will report back to let you know what happened.

Ok I tried the UEFI method and the problems are basically exactly the same.
Either very slow load until halfway the apple logo, and then stuck, or it just reboots immediately when it gets to the apple logo -- depending on which changes I made in the bios.
I think the reboot is either due to EHCI handoff or CPU-ID.

Ok I tried the UEFI method and the problems are basically exactly the same.
Either very slow load until halfway the apple logo, and then stuck, or it just reboots immediately when it gets to the apple logo -- depending on which changes I made in the bios.
I think the reboot is either due to EHCI handoff or CPU-ID.

What is the issue? Stuck in the middle of loading bar or rebooting the system when the installer shows the gray apple screen?

Update your BIOS to the latest available version. In ASUS motherboard lot of issues are arriving while installing the OS X, don't know why.

Also if you are using UEFI disable CSM.

Both things happen depending on the bios settings I use.
I'll check later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back