HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ISSUE: Instant reboot on Socket 775 systems (Core2) using Chimera or iBoot 3.0.

QUICK FIX: For now, Socket 775 users- use the previous versions: iBoot 2.7 & MultiBeast 3.4.

DOWNLOAD THE OLD VERSIONS HERE: downloads

Re: iBoot 3.0 Update

Same problem for me (displays "loading..........." and then reboots over and over). Intel Q9550, Asus P5Q Pro. The previous version works fine (just installed using it).

Edit: Not sure if this information is any use but, as a test, on a working OSX install with the Chameleon bootloader (installed with MultiBeast 3.4.0) I updated to Chimera 1.0.0 (using MultiBeast 3.5.0) and I get the same reboot loop. Downgrading back to Chameleon made it work again.

Stork said:
farshad said:
The iboot 3.0 wont boot what is the problem?? :(
Hmmm. Works for us. Tell us what you did after you downloaded it.

I just download it and then when i want to boot it from cd so nothing happen, it just restart and restart

Markus123 said:
Same problem for me (displays "loading..........." and then reboots over and over). Intel Q9550, Asus P5Q Pro. The previous version works fine (just installed using it).

Edit: Not sure if this information is any use but, as a test, on a working OSX install with the Chameleon bootloader (installed with MultiBeast 3.4.0) I updated to Chimera 1.0.0 (using MultiBeast 3.5.0) and I get the same reboot loop. Downgrading back to Chameleon made it work again.

Hello Marcus

Where can i get the previous i mean iboot 2.7? can i find it in this forum?

Re: Possible Issue with P45 Chipsets in Chimera?

Same issue here. Glad to try any patches as they're available.

tonymacx86 said:

QUICK FIX: For now, Socket 775 users- use the previous versions: iBoot 2.7 & MultiBeast 3.4.

iBoot-2.7.0

MultiBeast-3.4.0

tonymacx86 said:

iBoot-2.7.0

MultiBeast-3.4.0
The link for iBoot 2.7.0 you've posted is directing to nowhere. It links to MultiBeast-2.7.0.zip.

Shouldn't it use this link instead?

Using EP45-UD3P and Chimera..... no go. Re-Boottastic :beachball: .
Did as suggested and re-intalled Chameleon from Multi-beast 3.4.0 with "user DSDT" and system utilities.
All back to normal.
I'll give it a go on my X58-UD3R this weekend (with Batman 5770)
Just confirming the fix for others that jumped the gun with their 775's!
Cheers

Tony's Download Link in Post #1 works. It takes you to the download page. Scroll down to the bottom of the list of downloads. There you'll find iBoot 2.7 and MultiBeast 3.4. Now, that wasn't hard, was it? :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back