Nvidia GTX 550Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All,

I have recently installed MAC OS X 10.9.3 on my mackintosh. I have been successful in getting the OS installed but have been unsuccessful in getting all of the post install items to work. I have used Multibeast as per the install guide found on this website but every time I try and follow the steps, when I restart the computer it will not boot back up. So i get stuck and have to reinstall the OS. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction or provide some help. Below are the specs of my computer

Motherboard = ASRock Z68 extreme4 (Updated Bios per another thread to 2.20), which allowed me to install OS
* Another note. My MB is NOT the gen3 that I have seen some threads going around.
Processor = Intel Core i5-2500k
Video Card = Nvidia GTX 550TI
Hard Drive = Samsung SSD MZ-5PA128A

If anyone is able to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. The good thing is I have been able to install so I am thinking there is just one or two items I am missing.

Thanks,
Oltool

So to add to this. I disabled my video card instead of using the Nvidia 550TI and the OS will boot up. Now my issue is, I am not able to get audio, LAN and I would like to get the Nvidia Card to work as well.

Any suggestions? I would like to use my USB WIFI adapter which is a Linksys AE 1000. Do I just need to find the drivers on this forum and try and install them?

Thanks again,
Oltool

Hopefully somebody will be along to help you. I came across this thread as I was doing a search to try and find out if I could download just straight download Mavericks, rather than downloading Snow Lion, etc first?

I have the same motherboard and processor as you.
Motherboard = ASRock Z68 extreme4 (I haven't updated Bios).
* Another note. My MB is NOT the gen3 that I have seen some threads going around.
Processor = Intel Core i5-2500k
Video Card = Nvidia GTX 570

So the outcome of your problem would be very helpful to me as well. I'm a noob to the hackintosh and this would be my first attempt. I know somebody with an Snow lepoard Apple mac can I download OSX from their account or do I have to sep up a new account for my self? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, if required I will start a new thread. I do hope you find a solution. Do you happen to know the answer to any of my questions as you have more knowledge than me and we have similar components.

Hey, I am hoping someone responds soon as well. I was actually able to get the Audio to work now and I think I am in the right direction for my WIFI Adapter (Linksys AE1000). It looks like I was able to install the drivers for it but now I am trying to get it to connect to the internet.

The real thing I would like to get working is the video card. I would like to use that instead of the on board video. So if i get a response I will let you know plus keep an eye on this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back