CPU
Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.8 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630, 4K Touch
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been following the guide to install macOS on my Dell 9560 and I can't get it to install. I'm following this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb.224486/

Steps taken so far:

9560 Setup
  • Updated all firmware and bios
  • Changed all BIOS settings (and reinstalled windows)
  • Applied 4k sector patch (then reinstalled windows again)
  • Enabled Speed Shift
On a mac
  • Downloaded "Install macOS Sierra" from apple store
  • Read and then followed "RehabMan’s guide to get OS X onto a USB drive" with the following commands:
    • diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3 1 GPT HFS+J "install_osx" R
    • Downloaded Clover from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ and installed
      • Specified "install_osx" as the install partition
      • Customized install and selected specified options
    • Followed "createinstallmedia" section
      • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app" --nointeraction
      • sudo diskutil rename "Install macOS Sierra" install_osx
    • Mounted EFI with "diskutil mount /dev/disk3s1" (just specifying EFI was mounting another partition)
    • Edited the config.plist to put in a valid serials
    • Deleted clover folder from EFI and copied the one from the guide. Also tried copying ALL files from the guide to the partition instead of just the clover directory
    • Copied the clover installer to the "Install OS X" partition
Back to 9560 laptop
  • Booted from thumbdrive
  • Hit spacebar at the install OS X option and turned on verbose.
  • Tried launching the install program
  • It stops here
I've attached the requested "Problem Reporting" files (which is just a screen shot and my clover directory at this point). I also haven't swapped out the stock wifi card yet. I am going to order one once I can get it set up (I was planning on using a USB wifi card until then).

I'm installing on a: Dell 9560 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz, Intel Graphics 630, Kaby Lake Rev 05, Southbridge Intel HM175

I have been following the guide to install macOS on my Dell 9560 and I can't get it to install. I'm following this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb.224486/

Steps taken so far:

9560 Setup
  • Updated all firmware and bios
  • Changed all BIOS settings (and reinstalled windows)
  • Applied 4k sector patch (then reinstalled windows again)
  • Enabled Speed Shift
On a mac
  • Downloaded "Install macOS Sierra" from apple store
  • Read and then followed "RehabMan’s guide to get OS X onto a USB drive" with the following commands:
    • diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3 1 GPT HFS+J "install_osx" R
    • Downloaded Clover from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ and installed
      • Specified "install_osx" as the install partition
      • Customized install and selected specified options
    • Followed "createinstallmedia" section
      • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app" --nointeraction
      • sudo diskutil rename "Install macOS Sierra" install_osx
    • Mounted EFI with "diskutil mount /dev/disk3s1" (just specifying EFI was mounting another partition)
    • Edited the config.plist to put in a valid serials
    • Deleted clover folder from EFI and copied the one from the guide. Also tried copying ALL files from the guide to the partition instead of just the clover directory
    • Copied the clover installer to the "Install OS X" partition
Back to 9560 laptop
  • Booted from thumbdrive
  • Hit spacebar at the install OS X option and turned on verbose.
  • Tried launching the install program
  • It stops here
I've attached the requested "Problem Reporting" files (which is just a screen shot and my clover directory at this point). I also haven't swapped out the stock wifi card yet. I am going to order one once I can get it set up (I was planning on using a USB wifi card until then).

I'm installing on a: Dell 9560 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz, Intel Graphics 630, Kaby Lake Rev 05, Southbridge Intel HM175

No need for patched ACPI and full kexts for the installer.
Follow Clover guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Use invalid ig-platform-id since you have a 4k display.

No need for patched ACPI and full kexts for the installer.
Follow Clover guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I guess I'm confused by this one. According to Step 7, shouldn't I be copying over the clover folder to the install USB? If I just install clover at step 6 but don't copy over the clover directory in step 5, it just says I have an invalid motherboard presumably because I didn't continue on with preparing essential kexts (where step 6 says to stop).

Use invalid ig-platform-id since you have a 4k display.

Using the Clover directory from your post, I edited the config.plist and added the following to the <Graphics> dict:

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x09999999</string>

and also tried the string value of 0x01620005 which should be valid. Both had the same result as when it wasn't in there.

I guess I'm confused by this one. According to Step 7, shouldn't I be copying over the clover folder to the install USB? If I just install clover at step 6 but don't copy over the clover directory in step 5, it just says I have an invalid motherboard presumably because I didn't continue on with preparing essential kexts (where step 6 says to stop).

Generally, ACPI patching is a post-install task.

Using the Clover directory from your post, I edited the config.plist and added the following to the <Graphics> dict:

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x09999999</string>

and also tried the string value of 0x01620005 which should be valid. Both had the same result as when it wasn't in there.

No idea without "Problem Reproting" files as per FAQ.

Sorry about that. Here is my problem files.

Too many kexts in kexts/Other... (quite a mess you have there).
Eliminate unnecessary kexts.

Note: Skylake spoofing not needed for 10.12.6.
Your CsrActiveConfig is wrong.
InjectKexts should be Detect (so when you install kexts to the system volume, you're not injecting duplicates).
You have a very complex hotpatch setup.. (ACPI patching is a post-install task, not pre-install).
I think you need to go back to basics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back