Graphics
FXF R9 295x2 Club
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After I installed Yosemite (the latest version) I made sure to disable fast boot because as it stated in the installation instructions, fast boot needed to be disabled for hackintosh to work. I already had to send a brand new motherboard back to the supplier because it was doing some weird thing after I completed the initial install/multiboot setup.

Once I installed the boot loader, it somehow enabled fast boot and would not boot to Yosemite, it would just stay on a black screen with a blinking cursor and would not allow me to enter the BIOS. I would restart and press every single function key and nothing.

I then changed SSDs to one that had Windows 8 on it and it would boot straight into the login screen by passing the Bios. I then tried to restart and press F8 to boot into the Bios and it did the same thing..black screen with a blinking cursor, but this time it wouldn't let me enter Windows either.

I tried resetting the Bios and taking the CMOS battery out and nothing worked, so at this point I assumed it was the MOBO so I sent it back and they replaced it with another one.

I again installed following TonyMacs instructions and this time made sure fastboot wasn't enabled, well somehow that damn feature enabled itself and I'm now having the same issue!

My question for anyone that might give me an idea to try as I've ran out of things to google is:

1. Is there a series of keys that I need to press to disable fastboot?
  2. Can I disable fastboot in Windows?
  3. Is there a combination of function keys that I have to press to get into Bios
  4. Why is it doing this?

My current setup is as followed:

• Gigabyte z97 Gaming 7
  • intel 4790k CPU
  • 800 Watt PSU
  • No GPU in the hackintosh until I get it up and running. (I do have a PNY GTX 740 on standy to see if it works with it just to display 4K no gaming.)
  • 1 8gb Corsair 1600mhz stick of Ram and another one on standby.
  • Corsair H100i water cooler.
  • Obsidian 750 case.

If anyone could help me out with this I would be thankful.

In BIOS, make sure under BIOS Features set Fast boot to disabled, Intel TXT to disabled, VT-d to disabled, Windows Features to Other OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back