Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey all, posted here about a year ago was curious if i could run hackintosh easily on my rig:
i7 5820K
MSI X99S Gaming 7
corsair vengeance ram 16 gb
strix 1070 8 GB

most people told me it was difficult and too cumbersome to even try. but a year later have there been improvements?

The MSI X99S Gaming 7 may work great, although there are no working reports of that EXACT motherboard, there are reports of the MSI X99S Sli Plus working perfectly. Although this is not the exact same MB, most of the kexts should work without issue.

If you want to try and see if it will work, what I would recommend you do is buy a new HDD. Unplug your current HDD that is currently running your Windows OS. Plug In your new HDD and attempt to install Mac OS Sierra. If it turns out that you are unable to get your Hackintosh working successfully, just put back in the HDD you had removed earlier and you can resume your computer as if you never attempted to install your Hackintosh with no worries of data loss.

Also another thing to point out, building a Hackintosh will never be easy. Some boards will work better than others, but that shouldn't deter you if you are serious about getting a Hackintosh up and running. If you have the determination, I know you could get that motherboard working, it just depends on how determined you are, and how much time you are wiling to invest.

The MSI X99S Gaming 7 may work great, although there are no working reports of that EXACT motherboard, there are reports of the MSI X99S Sli Plus working perfectly. Although this is not the exact same MB, most of the kexts should work without issue.

If you want to try and see if it will work, what I would recommend you do is buy a new HDD. Unplug your current HDD that is currently running your Windows OS. Plug In your new HDD and attempt to install Mac OS Sierra. If it turns out that you are unable to get your Hackintosh working successfully, just put back in the HDD you had removed earlier and you can resume your computer as if you never attempted to install your Hackintosh with no worries of data loss.

Also another thing to point out, building a Hackintosh will never be easy. Some boards will work better than others, but that shouldn't deter you if you are serious about getting a Hackintosh up and running. If you have the determination, I know you could get that motherboard working, it just depends on how determined you are, and how much time you are wiling to invest.
at this points i just want to try for kicks. if it works thats great if not its okay, maybe one day if i really need to use/switch to mac for my audio work ill just build one from scratch if im serious about it.

so you're saying theres nothing with the installation process that could actually mess up my hardware or motherboard right. just whatever is on the HD, so i can just use a spare drive to be safe

side question, is iphone integration working in hackintosh? (imessage sync/text message forwarding), icloud sync, bluetooth calls etc

yes, my hackintosh works perfect with iMessage, SMS, continuity, handoff, etc. It will take some additional steps but you can make it work. And that is absolutely right, installing a hackintosh can in no way break your computer, although it can lead to data loss if your not careful. As long as you use a separate HDD for the install, you dont have to worry about any data loss. Also make sure you Physically unplug the HDD from your computer that has all your data on it just to be 100% that there is no way for the mac install to overwrite any of your data.

yes, my hackintosh works perfect with iMessage, SMS, continuity, handoff, etc. It will take some additional steps but you can make it work. And that is absolutely right, installing a hackintosh can in no way break your computer, although it can lead to data loss if your not careful. As long as you use a separate HDD for the install, you dont have to worry about any data loss. Also make sure you Physically unplug the HDD from your computer that has all your data on it just to be 100% that there is no way for the mac install to overwrite any of your data.

Sorry, does your sleep/wake work?

Thanks.

Sorry, does your sleep/wake work?

Thanks.
Yes, my sleep/wake works perfectly. Although this can vary from different motherboards. My sleep/wake worked from the moment I installed OS Sierra on my MB, but for some MB's you may need to install additional kexts (drivers) for it to work properly.

Last edited:
Wow, it's one of the few positive reports of sleep/wake working properly on X99 platform...

As I recall your MB is the MSI X99S Gaming 7, isn't it?

Did you follow any guide regarding that MB?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back