CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I currently have 32gb (4x8gb) on 2400MHz (X99 Asus motherboard has 8 slots for memory) running on my Catalina 10.15.2

I have noticed the usage on my memory sometimes gets almost full on apps and web browser (Chrome).

I am thinking about increasing my ram by adding 16gb (2x8gb) ram; totaling 48gb of memory. (I think 64gb of memory would be overkill for me.)

DO YOU GUYS think it's a good idea to have 6 slots filled with memory? Stability and performance wise?

I would appreciate any comments. Thank you.

I would fill the slots, mostly because 48 just sounds odd to me. However, there is an option for 48 gigs on the 2019 Mac Pro! Unless the board manual says all slots should be full I see no that it should cause stability issues. Check the manual for the proper memory configuration for your board.

I currently have 32gb (4x8gb) on 2400MHz (X99 Asus motherboard has 8 slots for memory) running on my Catalina 10.15.2

I have noticed the usage on my memory sometimes gets almost full on apps and web browser (Chrome).

I am thinking about increasing my ram by adding 16gb (2x8gb) ram; totaling 48gb of memory. (I think 64gb of memory would be overkill for me.)

DO YOU GUYS think it's a good idea to have 6 slots filled with memory? Stability and performance wise?

I would appreciate any comments. Thank you.

X99 motherboards support Quad Channel RAM, and for best performance you should either use 4 or 8 RAM sticks in the manner described in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back