Contribute
Register

Is this possible? Titan Ridge + dual LG 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see Apple’s support document linked below. The 2018 Mac Mini and even the little MacBook Air 2018 with no discrete GPU can drive the LG Ultrafine 5K with a single TB3 cable at full 5K resolution. So the Designare Z390 without a discrete GPU should be able to do the same. Maybe someone can test this.

This is for iMac Pro:

@CaseySJ
Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller have two dp input DP 1.2 or DP 1.4 all support
I think Apple Mac mini Design

630---->dpin Thunderbolt chip |->type-c-->5k
|------->dpin Thunderbolt chip |->type-c--or---5k

z390 Deisgnare
630------------------>dpin Thunderbolt chip |->type-c
discrete GPU ------->dpin Thunderbolt chip |->type-c

iMac Pro Design
VEGA---->dpin Thunderbolt chip A |->type-c
|------->dpin Thunderbolt chip B |->type-c
|-------->edp --internal minitor

how every LG 5K is DP 1.2, so no lucky.
I wait new DP 1.4 Monitor,

Hey all! So I've been using a 5k with Titan Ridge and it works perfectly. But then I bought a second 5K and plugged the TB cable into the second TB slot on the Ridge and it won't power. The PC sees both monitors as thunderbolt devices, but it won't detect a second display. Whichever monitor was plugged in first will be the one to stay on. The other just shows black. Not sure how to trouble shoot this or if it just isn't possible. My PC has two RTC 2060 Super GPUs. Two dp-dp cabled from the Ridge to the first GPU.

Hey all! So I've been using a 5k with Titan Ridge and it works perfectly. But then I bought a second 5K and plugged the TB cable into the second TB slot on the Ridge and it won't power. The PC sees both monitors as thunderbolt devices, but it won't detect a second display. Whichever monitor was plugged in first will be the one to stay on. The other just shows black. Not sure how to trouble shoot this or if it just isn't possible. My PC has two RTC 2060 Super GPUs. Two dp-dp cabled from the Ridge to the first GPU.

I got two LG 5k monitors working on Windows 10, But I had to install another Titan Ridge card to the motherboard and enabled the Intel CPU inbuilt GPU. My 5700 XT has four DP ports - 2 goes into one of each Titan Ridge card and in turn powers each of the LG 5K monitor.

With the same setup I was only able to get MacOS Catalina to recognise one of the two monitors. I have resorted to use Windows 10 for now.

I got two LG 5k monitors working on Windows 10, But I had to install another Titan Ridge card to the motherboard and enabled the Intel CPU inbuilt GPU. My 5700 XT has four DP ports - 2 goes into one of each Titan Ridge card and in turn powers each of the LG 5K monitor.

Just like to know what Motherboard you have this working on? and what monitor is it the 5k Ultrafine 1st generation..? I'd like to get this working...
I have a ROG Maximus XI Formula MB, EVGA2080ti in pcie slot 1, Gygabyte Titan Ridge card in pcie slot 3. Drivers installed and Thunderbolt Controller -15B appears in the list of system devices. 2 DP from Graphics card plugged into the mini dp of the Titan Ridge, and a TB3 cable (that works with my macbook pro 2 LG 5k) to the LG 5K 1st Gen.
No monitor device appears in windows and screen doesn't work.

Note that I did plug a 1440p monitor into the DP on the Titan ridge, so the DP passthrough from the Graphics card seems to be working, so not a dead card. Issue maybe win10 or TB ports on the card..

Have you hooked up the 2 x pcie 6 pins? as I have not, since I only want to pass through the DP signal, and the power from the pcie slot should work right?

Any help appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back