Mobile Phone
  1. 0
are these parts hackable
GA-H61MA-D2V
and celeron g1610

are these parts hackable
GA-H61MA-D2V
and celeron g1610

The motherboard and cpu should be compatible, but you will need a separate graphics card as that cpu's onboard graphics are not supported.

are these parts hackable
GA-H61MA-D2V
and celeron g1610

i just did it in a matter of 20-30 minutes.....and i'm not uber good with this stuff. i threw that chip together with a MSI H61M-P31 board, intel ssd, 8 gigs of ddr3, and a gt 210 vid card. i had more trouble with unibeast vs the install. i ended using an older version of uni for ML and it worked flawlessly on another hackintosh on 10.6.8 without the apple software update applied.

i installed ML without the vid card in, used the DVI off the Mboard. then turned off, threw card in, plugged and booted with -v -F and OS X loaded. did EZ beast and 887 audio, trim, and one or two other options i believe, and rebooted, sound, lan, vid, all work.

i went back into the installer, opened up disk utility, partitioned the drive into 3 pieces, and cloned the install onto all three. this way when i mess about and crash the install , i can try again on another copy, and if i trash that, i just go into disk utility via install (unibeast USB) and reclone the good install back onto the other two. the ssd i got is pretty damn fast, liking intels new offerings. even though the board is only SATA 3Gb/s it takes 2 minutes to clone the good install onto each of the other two partitions.

havent had a chance to play around fully, i imagine there might be some issues, i did notice under -v flag it is giving me an unsupport cpu error, doesn't effect the OS, but under profiler it is showing as a i-7 chip @ 2.6ghz. even though i changed it to mac mini6.1 in multibeast.

oh and out the door, the rig cost 180 bucks. mem, board, chip PSU and homemade case. peppy little thing. give it a go tony and macman have truly made it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back