Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi lads,

Just though id post here what parts I intend to buy in order to create a Hackintosh. I was hoping to get your views on it and see if ye have any suggestions. Keep in mind though, that I have never built a PC before so I am a complete "Noob" as they say.

Anyway heres the build:

CPU: i5-4690k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB)
Hard Drive 1: 120gb Samsung 850 EVO-Series SSD
Hard Drive 2: Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200 RPM
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 280x
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W Fully Modular ATX power supply
CD Drive: Samsung SH-224DB
Wireless Network Adapter: TP Link TL-WDN4800

Like I said, I don't really know much so maybe the parts aren't even compatible! But thats where I need your help.
Also was hoping ye could recommend a decent case for this build. Im on a fairly tight budget so a cheap enough case will do!

Anyway, thanks for looking.
Sahil

Hello, welcome :)

Your components list looks alright. What kind of computer case are you after?
I notice you mentioned you are on a fairly tight budget, will you consider one of those beige generic case as a temporary home to your new hackintosh? Those ones could be had at a very reasonable price ;)

Thanks for the reply frkino,

Ya I actually wouldn't mind that sort of thing. Its functionality that matters to me and not the looks of the case really. Also I just realised I never mentioned how much I would be willing to spend, so basically my budget for the case would be around 40-50 GBP. Can I get one of those for that price?
And if yes could you please provide a link to a case.

Sahil

Have a look on eBay mate, plenty of budget cases there :)

You might want a different PSU. EVGA makes some very good power supplies except that series. You should look for either the B2 or G2. Their new GS series is made by Seasonic. Seasonic is considered one of the best PSU manufacturers.

Thanks again for the suggestions,
So I did a bit of searching here and there myself, and decided that I'd go with the Corsair 200r case. It seems to be quite good for the money according to reviews and its slightly more than i wanted to spend at 50 pounds, but oh well!
As for the PSU, i'll definitely look into it. Thanks for letting me know!

Sahil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back