Graphics
Saphire 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
well my hack is 100% i THINK its been running for months no kernel panic but is there any reason -v shouldn't be run every time the computer boots just incase something happens randomly i would know why. cause if an error were to happen it would probably be hard to recreate on this computer that never gets it.

my question is -v isn't like -x safe mode right i won't get a performance or any other bad side effects

thanks for your time

but would using it always cause any negative effects performance loss ect

twiztidninja said:
but would using it always cause any negative effects performance loss ect
What do you mean? Can't follow you right now. As i wrote above, the -v argument is just for verbose boot to locate errors at boot time. There are no negative (or positive) side effects when using -v always. But why using it if the system works fine? If it always boot in verbose mode w/o typing the -v command and you don't want it, then remove the entry from your boot.plist

idk i just like the idea of if a kernal panic ever did happen i would be able to see useful information and not just a screen telling me to reboot and if it doesnt cause any negative effect then i will add it to my boot plist

thank you for your answer :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back