Contribute
Register

Is there an Alternative drive for Optiarc AD-7280S-0B that will auto-sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
HD4000 and ATI Radeon 4870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

The Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner AD-7280S-0B - OEM seams to be out of stock...

I was wondering If there was an other known model that would work with auto-sleep on a NO DSDT installation.

----

On new egg, the optiarc AD-7280S-0B drive seams to have been replaced with this drive : Optiarc 5280S-CB-PLUS

It cost around $30-$35... Anyone have tried it?

--

Thank you!

Milhouse

Hi!

The Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner AD-7280S-0B - OEM seams to be out of stock...

I was wondering If there was an other known model that would work with auto-sleep on a NO DSDT installation.

----

On new egg, the optiarc AD-7280S-0B drive seams to have been replaced with this drive : Optiarc 5280S-CB-PLUS

It cost around $30-$35... Anyone have tried it?

--

Thank you!

Milhouse

I don't know about the Optiarc 5280S model, but I suspect it would work fine ($30-35 is steep these days for a DVD/RW drive though!) Check the TonyMacx86 Wiki for a list of optical drives, including whether they support autosleep or not.

I don't know about the Optiarc 5280S model, but I suspect it would work fine ($30-35 is steep these days for a DVD/RW drive though!) Check the TonyMacx86 Wiki for a list of optical drives, including whether they support autosleep or not.

I know about the wiki but its outdated(most of the models that are auto sleep confirmed are unavailable) and the wiki also lacks of informations! I own the BH10LS38 and auto=sleep doesnt work on this drive, except if you have a media in it! ==> Not what I am looking for!

Anyone else have an idea? :O)

I know about the wiki but its outdated(most of the models that are auto sleep confirmed are unavailable) and the wiki also lacks of informations! I own the BH10LS38 and auto=sleep doesnt work on this drive, except if you have a media in it! ==> Not what I am looking for!

Anyone else have an idea? :O)

I currently have a Pioneer DVR-S18M BK in my X58A-UD7 build that auto-sleeps/wakes in ML with no media in the tray.

I bought it at TigerDirect because Newegg was out of stock and Amazon did not carry it.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4978488

ive found samsung and pioneer drives to be very good, inc auto sleep.
lg autosleeps too, but that clicks every so often.

I've bought a Pioneer DVR-220 (European model) recently. Autosleep works fine, and it just clicks once when you power on or wake up.
Previously, I had a slim Samsung that slept as well. Sadly, it's a piece of junk as it can't read properly certain CDs that the Pioneer can. Plus, it's really slow (but very silent).

Thank you all for you responses! I will consider this when ordering!

Just unsure what I am gonna do!

The Pioneer DVR-S18M BK is still $40 + shipping. And not available in Canada! So might as well pay a little more and get a bd-burner instead.

I guess I will have to wait for a better finding, or a price drop! :O)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back