MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi
I want to control Plex. And for that I need a remote.

Is there a way the get a Apple remote working? Any kind of ir-reciver? I also have a Microsoft MCE-remote but that doesen't work either.

I know that there are apps for the iPhone but I dont think its quite the same thing. But if anyone know of a great app then I'm willing to give it a try.

Doesnt't anyone know of a way to get the apple remote to work? Or any other solution?

Attachments

• Stick.jpg
    Stick.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 378
humph said:
niclasc said:
... Or any other solution?

I've used this a few times:
Stick.jpg

Further Info Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_stick

:D

More seriously, how about the Apple BT keyboard?

The stick works. :lol:

And Apple BT keyboard is one solution. But they are quite expensive and I would have to get a BT dongle. So if there is a way to use a remote thats the best way

iPod touch or iPhones work great as a remote. If ya got one, just download Remote Pad server for OS X and get the App. Easy as pie! The iPod becomes a virtual mouse (with 3 button support with hor/ver scrolling and virtual keyboard) and works awesome. Fast and bug free. :thumbup:

There are also other apps that can control media from your iPod/iPhone. Check them out and find one that works.

niclasc said:
Hi

Is there a way the get a Apple remote working? Any kind of ir-reciver? I also have a Microsoft MCE-remote but that doesen't work either.

I know that there are apps for the iPhone but I dont think its quite the same thing. But if anyone know of a great app then I'm willing to give it a try.

This is the best solution I've seen, if you're OK soldering four wires. I'm perpetually about to order it and embark on *another* project...

phlippy22 said:
niclasc said:
Hi

This is the best solution I've seen, if you're OK soldering four wires. I'm perpetually about to order it and embark on *another* project...

Plex Remote, iTunes store, $1.99. Or rMote Lite (free). Easy solution.

I downloaded Mira http://twistedmelon.com/mira/

It works with my Microsoft MCE IR reciver and my Apple remote. Dont know how long I can use it without licens. Time will tell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back