Contribute
Register

Is there a workaround for Apple pulling FireWire support?

It just has FireWire (hence the FireFace name lol)

FireFace 400

It would cost about $2K to replace identical functionality.

This is why I now Refuse to buy Apple hardware.

I had a dual Xeon Massive RAM RAID MacPro for music.. but all that power was for Video editing.

Then Apple killed Final Cut Pro (used by All the studios) and replaced it with a dumbed down consumer version.

All that RAM never got Used and I had an Overkill screamer box that was barely utilized.

Everyone Dumped Final Cut Pro for Premiere and other solutions and I moved video production to Win10.

The expandable Mac Pro's were Excellent .. but .. if you kill off the software or kill off the Mac Pro or dumb it down or kill off essential (to some) components like FireWire then Apple just can't be counted on and I won't throw money at them.

Of course Apple and Microsoft are now just the same. Neither really gives a damn about their users And Apple just wants to sell new phones that I can't even Buy because I'd have to move immediately to a new version of IOS and they take a few Months to become remotely stable.

My New iPad Pro's after upgrading don't ring for incoming phone calls. My older iPad that Can't be ungraded to the latest iPadOS .. Does ring and works fine.

Of well .. enough ranting about things that will Never Change lol

did you tried the procedure mentioned here ?

Install the latest driver for your RME audio interface under macOS - rme-usa.com

another option is dual boot.
apple says you can have multiple OS volumes on the same disk, and both can use the same data volume that has your apps and data. Like mentioned above post, it may cause issues, but apple seems to be confident about it working.

or multiple boot disks is an option. Personally I prefer this, and have Ventura, and Ubuntu dual boot.

To be fair, it's the same on windows side as well. I had one EMU card that was on windows XP, and then they stopped driver support for windows 7. That's the end of it.

That's why I am into linux now, for video, and CG workflows. If they don't update FCP X, I am jumping full into linux, with resolve.

Apple's Firewire CoreAudio driver has been discontinued on macOS 13 Ventura.

This means that Driver won't work anymore. Possibly Apple will react if enough people complain but .. I doubt it as Apple could care less unless it moves their dial even if it's the largest movie studios (like when they destroyed Final Cut Pro and everyone .. Left)

Hmmm? Some users have reported success with using 2 adapters to go from Thunderbolt to Firewire? I think I probably own them (purchased from Apple) as I once played with connecting an Intel Mac Mini to the Audio Interface. It worked at that time but the Mac Mini of a few years ago was just to limited?

Of course my motherboard Doesn't currently have Thunderbolt?

What's the best way to accomplish that? There's a THB_C (thunderbold Add-in card Connector) and then of course I have an Unused PCIe slot if I take Out the FireWire card?

Apple's Firewire CoreAudio driver has been discontinued on macOS 13 Ventura.

This means that Driver won't work anymore. Possibly Apple will react if enough people complain but .. I doubt it as Apple could care less unless it moves their dial even if it's the largest movie studios (like when they destroyed Final Cut Pro and everyone .. Left)

If none of the Macs supported by Ventura have firewire ports, why should Apple care?

If none of the Macs supported by Ventura have firewire ports, why should Apple care?
As Ventura is supported on 'Mac Pro models from 2019 or later' and they can use a Firewire card (and Are used heavily in music and video production) .. possibly they Should care as Removing a perfectly working protocol just makes no sense?

Probably done by some 3rd rate employee from a 4th rate college who graduated in the bottom 10% of their class?

It's just Bad Business to alienate your users as a Happy user doesn't generally say much but an Unhappy user will go On and On .. forever!!

As Ventura is supported on 'Mac Pro models from 2019 or later' and they can use a Firewire card (and Are used heavily in music and video production) .. possibly they Should care as Removing a perfectly working protocol just makes no sense?

Probably done by some 3rd rate employee from a 4th rate college who graduated in the bottom 10% of their class?

It's just Bad Business to alienate your users as a Happy user doesn't generally say much but an Unhappy user will go On and On .. forever!!

You can stick an Nvidia video card in one of the PCI-e slots too. That's not going to work either.

Why not complain about that as well?

You can stick an Nvidia video card in one of the PCI-e slots too. That's not going to work either.

Why not complain about that as well?
Gladly!! nVidia was the Superior technology .. but Apple for Political reasons chose the Lesser technology??

Horrible decision that negatively affected a lot of users and technology companies .. and split development dollars away from Useful purposes into supporting Two differnet video techologies and trying to fit all that into .. Metal!!

That doesn't Benefit users or progress technology?

If Bezos ran Apple .. then Apple would Only do things that Benefited users.

It's a shame that Apple does not think the same way?

We All know on This forum for instance than an 'old' Mac Pro from Years ago will run Ventura just fine .. but Apple is so Greedy that they Discontinue support as they want user to buy the latest and greatest which profits Apple but Penalizes users?

Gladly!! nVidia was the Superior technology .. but Apple for Political reasons chose the Lesser technology??

Horrible decision that negatively affected a lot of users and technology companies .. and split development dollars away from Useful purposes into supporting Two differnet video techologies and trying to fit all that into .. Metal!!

We All know on This forum for instance than an 'old' Mac Pro from Years ago will run Ventura just fine .. but Apple is so Greedy that they Discontinue support as they want user to buy the latest and greatest which profits Apple but Penalizes users?

What evidence do you have that it was Apple's decision to drop Nvidia and not Nvidia's decision to stop making drivers for macOS?

No one can stop Nvidia from continuing to release web drivers for macOS but Nvidia themselves.

I guess that’s progress for you…

What evidence do you have that it was Apple's decision to drop Nvidia and not Nvidia's decision to stop making drivers for macOS?

No one can stop Nvidia from continuing to release web drivers for macOS but Nvidia themselves.

Back