Contribute
Register

Is there a way to make HDMI (nvidia) work sans realtek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z77x-ud3h
CPU
i5
Graphics
gtx580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an unsupported audio setup (ivybridge and via). I would rather not use voodoohda, but I want HDMI audio through my 580GTX.

If not, any hints on getting voodohda to work? I don't want/need any analog audio at all, just multichannel hdmi.

Looking in windows, the nvidia audio shows as: 10de 0018
The via audio shows as 8086 1e20

but there is also 09 0e 10 de - device id showing for the hdau controller if I use dsdt edits, it also shows in windows as the hda audio controller

Thanks!

tarjan said:
I have an unsupported audio setup (ivybridge and via). I would rather not use voodoohda, but I want HDMI audio through my 580GTX.

If not, any hints on getting voodohda to work? I don't want/need any analog audio at all, just multichannel hdmi.

Looking in windows, the nvidia audio shows as: 10de 0018
The via audio shows as 8086 1e20

but there is also 09 0e 10 de - device id showing for the hdau controller if I use dsdt edits, it also shows in windows as the hda audio controller

Thanks!
A clarification on your device_ids, 8086 1e20 is not Via, it is Intel HD audio. The other two are Nvidia GTX 580 HDMI audio device_ids.

Try this experiment.
1. Backup your current audio solution.
2. Download AppleHDA.kext from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57808
3. HexEdit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA (binary)
4. Find 14 00 de 10
5. Replace 18 00 de 10 (4 times)
6. Save
7. Install AppleHDA.kext
8. Restart (with HDMI device plugged in)
9. Verify HDMI audio in System Preferences/Sound/Output

More info http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32041

Reply with a copy of IOReg.

I've already tried with the applehda modified with that in there all four times. Before you ask, I am 100% sure it is modified properly as it was working in another system with the same video card connected to the same receiver, but it had an alc892 and the applehda picked that up.

That is before one of the cats or the dog decided to chew on a usb cable and shorted it somehow. Bam, wouldn't turn on anymore hence this system.

As for the intel hd audio, that makes sense. Probably the HD4000 built in. The via chipset might be turned off so it isn't showing up, or at least that's my guess.

Attachments

• ioreg output.zip
    464.9 KB · Views: 73
tarjan said:
I've already tried with the applehda modified with that in there all four times. Before you ask, I am 100% sure it is modified properly as it was working in another system with the same video card connected to the same receiver, but it had an alc892 and the applehda picked that up.

As for the intel hd audio, that makes sense. Probably the HD4000 built in. The via chipset might be turned off so it isn't showing up, or at least that's my guess.
I can see you did the edits correctly. There was a version of AppleHDA.kext that would provide HDMI audio without onboard audio, however, I don't remember which Snow Leopard release it was (10.6.5?). Like your situation, the 892 was not working but HDMI audio was.

To clarify, the Intel HD audio device_id is the PCI bus interface for on board audio, all Intel based motherboards have one. Your onboard audio device_id is 11060441. HD4000 is available starting today with the Ivy Bridge high end processors.

Hello Toleda,

I am using g1. sniper mobo with Creative CA0132 chip. Vendor 8086 and device id 1e20. Bro i couldnot able to fix this audio issue. Could you please tell me how can fix this problem?

As i have seen so many post about audio issue and you have solved. Plz i will be really glad if you could let me know how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• IO Reg.zip
    321.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back